Some side notes first.
- I placed a Loft online order when the black merino wool waterfall cardigans went on final sale for $9.98. I own the light grey color and love it to pieces. So I didn't hesitate and ordered 4 black ones. One for my daughter, one for my sister, one for my mom and one for myself. The black one doesn't disappoint and look very nice in person and so versatile. In order to get free shipping I randomly added this Lou & Grey striped cowl tunic into the shopping cart, didn't expect much at all. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled it out of the package today. It was ultra soft. So soft that I think I can live in it forever. (That feeling might be also due to the extreme cold that's sweeping the nation today.) Anyways, you get the point. I love it. I wanted to write about it as soon as I can before it sells out. (unfortunately it already sold out when I tried to link it today, but check often for popbacks.)
- The STEVEN by Steve Madden Whispper Boot is on further sale. The blue color is down to $59.99. In addition, you get extra 20% off by using 20OFFBOOTS by 1/15. Black color is $127.88. You pay only $102.3 with the code. I love these boots. I have worn it for 2 months and still love it to pieces. See my initial review here.
J.Crew really knows how to make outwears. I have to give them that. Even though rest of the collection to me has been nothing but boring recently, and overpriced to boot, I'm still counting on them to curb my outerwear cravings. In my collection, I have
- 2011 Colletta in sea salt.
- 2013 Double-Cloth metro coat with Thinsulate (in black)
- 2011 Lady Day Coat with thinsulate in heather majestic purple (buy this year's version here)
- 2014 Majesty Peacoat in heather charcoal (this year's version here)
- 2013 Wintress Down Puffer Coat in black (this year's version here)
- 2012 Camel double cloth Belted coat
- 2010 Short Black stadium cloth coat
For 2014, I have added to my collection a beautiful Navy Melton Wool toggle coat. Can't believe the price keeps going up year by year. This coat's original price was $398, fortunately I was able to get my size on sale for $180 which I think is a steal for its quality and fit. As usual, I sized up to 0P for J.Crew coat since I think it does run small. I do appreciate the fact that this coat is hooded so it can block the horrendous chilly wind in New England.
Talbots sweater (old)
Loft cords (old)
J.Crew Melton Wool Toggle Coat (sold out, check for popbacks)
Madewell Lonny boots (2013, this year's version here)
Michael Kors Selma bag (here)
Loft Plaid Fringe scarf (sold out online, check for popbacks)
Chanel sunnies (BBOS, invite here)