Sunday, November 9, 2014

Boots Review: STEVEN by Steve Madden Whispper Boots

I recently found an excellent dupe for Stuart Weitzman's Demiswoon that retails $645. Meet STEVEN by Steve Madden Whispper Boot.

Demiswoon $645
Whispper $199

What I like about the Whispper is not only its price tag (reg. $199, on sale for $152.14, plus use code 20OFFVET to get 20% off. Final price: $121.71. Free shipping.)  What really impressed me about these boots are the fit. The boots pull on very easily (unlike the SW counterpart), and because it has a zipper on the inside part of the boot, taking it off is a breeze too. Although I love my SW ones, trying to get those babies off is not something I look forward to every day. These Whisppers? Not a problem. I have medium calf, not too small but most boots are too big for me. These boots fit like a dream. It is just over the knee in the front and it stays there. No sagging after walking in the grocery store for 20 minutes. Thumbs up! (for reference I'm just under 5 feet. Long torso, short legs.)
The size 6 boots measures 21.5" from the highest point (front) to the bottom of the boot. The back side measures 19.5" from the top to bottom. It measures 6.5" across the widest part of the boot. 
Size 6 fits me perfectly, and I would say it's true to size because most of my shoes are size 6's. Available sizes are from 6 to 10 with half sizes intervals. Too bad they don't make any smaller sizes for my petite friends. 

Another thing to mention is how comfortable these boots are to walk in. The outer soles have some serious treads on (great for snow days) and they feel like soft rubbers. Every step I took, it felt like there was good cushioning when the feet hit the floor. The knee area is also very bendable. 
Hope you find this review helpful.  I wore the boots both days in the weekend after I got it. This was the outfit I wore on Sunday to run errands. 
Outfit Details:
Loft Jeweled Sweatshirt (xsp, sold out here, similar here)
Loft Tweed Flippy Skirt (xxsp, here)
STEVEN by Steve Madden Whispper Boot (on sale here, 20% off code 20OFFVET)
Rebecca Minkoff MAC in Purple (here)
Chanel sunnies (from BBOS, invite here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...