Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day and A Week in Instagram: May 2014 Week1

Happy Mother's Day to mothers who are celebrating today. To me, being a mother is one of the most rewarding and frustrating jobs in the world. I know I can't live without my kids, but I can't tell you how many times I look forward to having a house without them in it. Don't judge.  Just yesterday, I spent all evening "fighting" with my son. The trigger of an all evening moping and crying was because I asked him to stop running on the treadmill right after dinner, because exercising after eating is bad. I should have found this CNN article to prove my point last night, but I was too upset to do so.  
For Mother's Day, I made brunch (homemade omelet and crusty sourdough bread) for my mother, and I dressed up for the occasion. I got roses from my husband and a beautifully made card from my daughter.   


Mother's Day Outfit Details
Loft Flutter Sleeve Dress (00P, extra 40% off here)
J.Crew wedges (old)
Tory Burch Fleming Medium bag (sold here, and here. black version here)
Ann Taylor belt (old)
Loft necklace (sold out here) and bracelet (sold here, 50% with code FLASH)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below are last week's outfits on Instagram. Let me know if you are interested in anything specific. 

Loft dress (old)
Sam Edelman Ollie T-Strap Pump (very recent here, but seem to be sold out)

Vince Camuto wrap blouse (recent buy in Nordstrom, but sold out online)
Madewell lonny booties (restocked here)
Swarovski necklace (old)
Ann Taylor Pearlized Crystal Statement Necklace (here)
Ann Taylor Estate Link Short Necklace (on sale here)
Gap pants (old)
Loft tee (3 for $35 here)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Vicky! My gosh Jasmine is so creative with the card and poem that rhymes so well! She must have inherited your creativity, haha, always enjoy your outfits! So many pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Olyvia! She's very creative, and I can't take any credit for it. :) We think she inherited my mother-in-law's genes for her artistic nature.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet and beautiful card from your daughter! I know what you mean, it is the most difficult job in the world, both rewarding and frustrating. I have those days too, but I wouldnt trade them for the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Jane. Happy Mother's Day to you. :)

      Delete
  3. That is such a sweet card from Jasmin! She had me at "And when the ground is dusted by snow you leave a footprint of love wherever you go." She's so creative and I know she'll be successful later in life because she has a mother like you to look up to. :) By the way, I adore your blush TB Fleming bag. It reminds me of Chanel but the price point is much more affordable. I hope to see it in stores and try it on in black.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...