Saturday, April 12, 2014

Checkered Dress + White Bag

I have been on a hunt for a white bag since last summer. Even though the options were plenty, I didn't pull the trigger on any. When I saw this Kate Spade Cedar Street Maise on Annie, I fell in love instantaneously.  After bugging her many times for advice (thanks again, Annie!), I finally pulled the trigger during the Kate Spade Friends and Family sale. 25% discount was highly welcomed, making this bag's price point very affordable (retails $298). The bag comes with a shoulder strap long enough to wear it crossbody.  When I use the handles, the long shoulder strap does not drape nicely making it a nuisance to keep around. Fortunately it's fully removable so I plan to keep the strap in the bag most of the time unless I need to go hands free, then I'll reattach the strap. The strap is easy on and off. The bag has a saffiano texture so it's scratch proof. I'm hoping it'll be stain resistant too. I think a white bag is a very good investment for your summer wardrobe.  I realized that this bag goes with almost everything and is a very pleasant summer accessory.
The checkered dress was a crewcut find last winter. Size 14 fit my arms and chest area ok, but the whole dress was way too loose and it looked like a potato sack on me. I had to belt it to make it look reasonable, but the excessive fabric annoyed me. Recently, I had both sides of the dress taken in. Since it's unlined, the alteration was an easy job. Now I love it! 
These Madewell "the lonny" boots were one of my favorite purchases this winter. I bought them last November, and have been wearing them non-stop. They never got the spotlight they deserved on my blog, but it was my most worn shoes this winter. They are comfy and stylish. And boy does it make my legs look skinny! The website has restocked these boots and just look at the 5-star reviews! Highly recommended!
JCrew girls checkered dress (old)
Ann Taylor belt (old)
J.Crew black tights (old)
Madewell the lonny boot (here, apple butter on sale here)
Kate Spade Cedar Street Maise (cream, 7 pretty colors here, or here)
Michael Kors watch
JCrew bracelet
Chanel Sunnies (BBOS, invite here)
House of Harlow leather necklace (4 colors here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...