Saturday, February 8, 2014

Layering Neutrals

Sale Alert: Last day to get 20% off full-priced purchases at Kate Spade, with code SPRINGWD20.
My picks: Holly Street Rubie in Giverny Blue, Sedgewick Place Avalon in flame/bougainvillea, Cobble Hill Bee wristlet

Happy weekend, everyone! I hope you had a wonderful week and have enjoyable weekend plans. Past week has been a weird week for me.  As you might have known from the news, the tech industry is going through a series of work force reductions.  Our company was no exception. I have seen the widest spread actions in my company in my career last week. Needless to say, people were in panic mode. Some site action has already been taken and people were let go. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop ... any day now. 
Ironically, with this company wide uncertainty going on, my work has been crazily busy. Not sure how that could happen.  Because of my lack of time, my blog post has been very sparse, and I could barely keep up with reading my favorite blogs. What that means fortunately was that I had no problem curbing my spending in the past couple of months. I barely purchased anything online, because I know I would have no time to go to the mall for returns.  This does help me focus on using existing wardrobe items to come up with new pairings. 
Today's outfit is focused on layering similar color-schemed neutrals in various shades. It might not be as exciting as bright colors, but I love it for its simplicity and pleasing effect.
White and Warren Cashmere Cardigan (old, similar here, other options here)
Silk Scarf from TJMaxx (old, Cashmere scarf in taupe 40% off here, similar options in 68 colors here)
Gap leggings (old)
Phillip Lim Pashli Mini (buy here
J.Crew tissue turtleneck tee (old, this year's version here)
Skagen watch (similar here)
David Yurman bracelet (buy here)
Chanel Sunnies (bbos, invite here)
STEVEN by Steve Madden Bolerro boots (last worn here)

The snow storm came on Wednesday and dumped about 10 inches of snow in the area. Even though snow can be inconvenient and dangerous, I look forward to it every time.  Because after the snow, when the sun comes out, and the road is cleared, you have for yourself the best looking scenery.
maybe not so good of an idea to stick my foot in
Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Neutrals are always pleasing to the eye, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Olyvia. ;) have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...