Sunday, November 3, 2013

J.Crew Merino Tippi Sweater in Houndstooth Review

J.Crew cardmembers, in store and online, take extra 40% off fall sale items with code CARDMEMBER. All sale items here.

I have noticed that both J.Crew and Madewell have many more items on sale in store than online. I bought this sweater yesterday in store for $42 after discount, and later on noticed that the online is still full price at $98.  This sweater comes in two colors - Navy Graphite and Artichoke Green. Both are very versatile and easy to pair color combos. I love the houndstooth pattern and the unique shoulder patches. The sweater runs a bit small in my opinion, since I like my sweater a bit roomy and not too fitted. Size xxs was way too constricting for me so I sized up to xs. The sweater was made of a 12-gauge merino wool, which is nice and warm. Just in time for a cold front coming our way - tonight's low will be 24, and I will be getting up bright and early for a week long business trip to Santa Clara again.
I've been wearing my hair long and straight since college.  Last couple of years my hairdresser has been encouraging me to get a perm. I wasn't sure. So I put it off ... until last weekend I woke up thinking - why not?! So I got a haircut and a perm. I was very happy with the outcome. It's such a nice change for me and better yet, I didn't have to spend much time every morning taking care of it. Maybe the next goal is to get a highlight? (FYI, I have never put my hair through any kind of dying process before)
Outfit Details
J.Crew Merino Tippi Sweater in Houndstooth (navy graphite, xs, here)
J.Crew tissue turtleneck tee (xxs, navy, loved it so much I bought 4 colors last year, this year's version here)
Banana Republic Sloan Fit Slim Ankle Pant (New Vermillion, 00P, here, 40% off with code HOL2013)
J.Crew Edie Purse (here, quilted version here)
Ann Taylor pumps (old, similar here)
Freshwater Pearl necklace (highly recommend. buy here)
Chanel Sunnies (from BBOS, invite here)

1 comment:

  1. cute and chic ! love it! ❤ ✰
    http://therubberdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete

Check these out

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...