Saturday, August 24, 2013

Seahorses and Pale Pinks

Update (8/25): 
Bloomingdale's Sunday surprise sale is here. Today only, take an extra 15% off already sale items with code SURPRISE. Click here to enter all sale. 6% rebate via Ebates. Invite here.

Ann Taylor Surprise Sale (ends Monday night) - Extra 60% off All Sale Styles. No code needed. Shop all sales.

Update: I can't believe my eyes. Just spotted the Prada Saffiano Lux Double-Zip tote on BBOS in Pristine condition for $1470. Extra 20% off with code 20AUG13. That's $1176 for a Prada classic bag. I can't believe it! For invite to join BBOS, click here
************************************************************************************************************
Happy weekend! We had a week of warm weather here in Boston and finally cooled down this weekend. Going to be beautiful in the next few days! Jess's instagram reminded me that I should take advantage of the nice weather before it gets cold and dreary again. So my goal for next week is to be able to have lunch outside of the building at least once. I know it sounds easy, but if you know what my schedule looks like these days you won't be so surprised that I it's harder than it sounds. I work with people in 3 different time zones in the US. Lunch time meetings are a norm nowadays. To me it still beats 7 am meetings if I lived in the west coast and had to accommodate east coasters. 

There were some decent deals last week. However I didn't have any time to post. I did manage to grab the Michael Kors Selma Satchel in Navy during Bloomingdale's 2 day 20% off sale. I have wanted this bag for a long time, but it was so popular that it was back ordered for a while. I plan to use this bag as my cheaper alternative to the Prada tote for work. See it on beautiful Elle here. It's out of stock now at Bloommies, but still available at Nordstrom and Macy's.

I wore this outfit last weekend when it was hot and humid. These seahorses made me really happy. The shorts version of this print from J.Crew this year is my favorite.  I bought the dress version and thought it was way too thin and clingy for any of my practical usage model. But I love love the print, so I searched for other formats. The shorts (in size 00) didn't disappoint. It's made of heavy weight cotton and the fit is heavenly for me. I love the fact that it's medium rise, so it hugs better.  The girls' Frankie short in Sea horse is another option but the fit and make are just not the same.


Outfit Details
Gap top (old)
J.Crew 3" Chino Short in Sea Horse (buy here, 25% off + Free shipping with code FALLSTYLE)
J.Crew skinny patent belt in Riviera Sand (here, 25% off + Free shipping with code FALLSTYLE)
J.Crew Martina Patent Wedges (here25% off + Free shipping with code FALLSTYLE)
Louis Vuitton Mini Lin Trapeze PM in Pale Pink (hereinvite here)
Chanel Sunnies (from BBOS, invite here, extra 20% off private sale with code 20AUG13 till Monday)
Loft earrings (giveaway by StylishPetite)

3 comments:

  1. Vicki, you look very good in white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been feeling the same way about getting outside. i'm working nights this week and have promised myself that i'll try to get outside either before or after my shifts. maybe that will make nights a bit less depressing. if nothing else, i'll get a little bit of color before the summer ends. i agree, that print is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...