Sunday, August 11, 2013

Looking For: A Summer White Bag

Update - Found the Rebecca Minkoff Mab Mini at half off (was $495, now $249). Seriously debating if to get it. Not a member of Myhabit yet? Click here for invite.

I don't quite recall when it started, but I now think a white bag is a summer must-have. I do own a Coach shoulder bag in off-white but I rarely wear it since I think the style is outdated. So I've been passively "looking" for a new and more attractive version. I haven't found "the one" yet, but I did see some options out there in different price ranges that are pretty decent looking AND on sale.

Rebecca Minkoff Ghost White Leather 'Swing' Chain Strap and Tassel Shoulder Bag (Was $330, Now $165)

Calvin Klein Rio Glazed Leather Satchel in Cherub White/Nude (Orig. $248, Now $185.99)


Kate Spade Terrace Justine Bow Crossbody Bag in white (Was $328, Now $219)

MICHAEL Michael Kors Selma Stud Large North South Tote in Vanilla (Orig. $428, Now $320.99)

Givenchy 'Nightingale' Tote (Orig. $1946, Now $1362.31)

Now that I took the time to list out the ones I found, the Rebecca Minkoff Swing bag looks like a really attractive option. What are your thoughts on white bags?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I have been looking for white bag for years, but find you have to spend a lot to get a good looking one.

    www.petitestyleonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I have a hard time finding a nice one with reasonable price. White is so hard to maintain and I don't want to spend a fortune and not have to enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky, I actually have the Rebecca Minkoff Swing in a pale blue/mint color. It's great for carrying a lot of small-medium sized items since it's got a ton of small compartments and it has a center zipper pocket that divides the bag in half (just like how the Chanel GST tote has a center zip pocket). I easily fit my The chain straps do add a bit of weight to it, but is not bad if you don't put too much stuff in it.
    One issue I had with quality is that the leather that runs through the chain strap can slip out of the chain. That might just be a problem that only I experienced, not sure if it occurred to anyone else. It's got enough structure that it holds its shape throughout carrying it and does not sag in the middle, but also not stiff in structure like a rigid work tote. I hope this helps you decide. I can't wait to see your selection!

    shortandsweetjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about the chain weight. Thanks for sharing, Joy. I am still looking...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...