Sunday, March 10, 2013

OOTD: Leather and Lace

I think combining leather and lace in one piece of clothing is an ingenious idea. The feminine look of the lace softens the toughness leather would portray.  When I saw this blouse by Prabal Gurung for Target on Sarah (Sarah's Real Life), I decided to check it out myself in my local store. Lace is very tricky. Done right, it's pretty and sweet; if not, it can look very tacky.  I was very happy with this blouse when I saw it and decided to bring it home to try on. I was a no brainer winner.  I can see how versatile this blouse can be pair with a lot of things in my closet.  The name on the website is deceiving. It's called "Lace-Front Blouse", but in fact the lace is all around including the back.  Size XS is quite big on me, but I made do with it tucked in, and sleeves rolled up.  This blouse paired with my Alice & Olivia leather skirt was the first idea that came to my mind. All black outfits can be very serious, so I added some orangy red for a little bit of punch.  I'm sure I would cook up more in the future.  And I would certainly check out Sarah's blog for ideas. :)
Lace in the back
Outfit Details
Prabal Gurung For Target Lace-Front Blouse (xs, buy here)
Alice + Olivia Box Pleat Leather Skirt (buy here, here)
Ann Taylor platform perfect patent pumps (old, similar here)
Ann Taylor clutch (bought during this sale)
Michael Kors watch in Small Layton (review here)
J.Crew Factory bracelet (buy here)
Prada Sunglasses (recent purchase from BBOS, Extra 20% off through Tuesday with code FLOWER20. For invite, here)
Gold Chain Necklace (by Inch of Gold, custom length, bought on cruise ship. LOVE!)


5 comments:

  1. This look oozes sophistication! I love that touch of leather here and there.. you look different here Vicky, in a good way that is :)

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love leather & lace together. especially that you wore black on black, so that it tones down the striking contrast between the two textures & the pop of red is very nice!

    http://shortandsweetjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sexy but classy Vicky! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...