Sunday, January 13, 2013

Stuart Weitzman 50/50 Boots

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope your weekend was as great as mine. I had a fantastic mother and daughter day yesterday with my lovely Jasmine, and had some pretty nice loot from the mall.  Jasmine got her first pair of Uggs and I took home my first pair of Hunter rain boots. We had a nice and healthy lunch at Au Bon Pain.  Dessert was a gelato from Melt.  Of course I couldn't take Jasmine out without going to Starbucks for a HUGE cup of refresher in Very Berry Hibiscus. Even in winter, these refreshers are so tasty and refreshing. :)  We came home with dinner from Sichuan Gourmet and two bags of fresh vegetables from a newly opened Chinese grocer just downstairs from the restaurant. They just opened a week ago and I am so grateful of it. Now I can get green veggies without having to drive all the way to Boston. 

Today's post is about the Stuart Weitzman 50/50 boots I got a few days ago thanks to the in store Bloomies sale alert tweet from Jean. I've been looking for a pair of simple black, no bells and whistles, high heel (3-3.5 inches), tall boots for many years. Petites would understand, if you have short legs like ours, finding tall boots that fit the leg (both height and calf size) is extremely difficult. After seeing how it looks on Jean I had to give it a try. I had reservations on whether these boots will work or not, because I actually have a much bigger calf than Jean does even though we are the same height.  However due to the flexibility of the elastic material in the back, the boots actually fit me great and I'm ecstatic to find out that it's not too high (just below knee) and it's not too loose or too tight on the calf (no gap).  It feels like second skin on. Buy in store, or online here.
H&M top thanks to Jean, Ann Taylor skirt (here), JCrew Schoolboy blazer in Navy (here)
JCrew belt
3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli mini (buy here, red color here, ink color here)
Michael Kors gold watch, bracelet from Stella & Dot giveaway by AlterationsNeeded. (buy here)
The pictures I took were with bare legs to show the fit of the boots better. However I prefer tights or skinny jeans underneath.
WIth Gap Skinny jeans (this year's version here)
Loft polka dot patch pocket ribbed sleeve sweater (sold out online, try in store)
J.Crew hacking jacket in herringbone (last year's, this year's version here
With tights
Banana Republic striped button-shoulder pullover (here)
JCrew mini (similar here)
Ann Taylor skinny belt (similar here for $17.50)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Oh vicky those boots look fab on you and hooray to finding great boots that fit! :D Love all of your outfits....and your 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli mini is so darling. :) xoxo, Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Phoebe. You are too sweet. :)

      Delete
  2. Those boots look great! I'm hoping to find something similar, because the Stuart Weitzmans are way more than I prefer to spend on shoes. Congrats to you on acquiring a pair that suits you so well!
    I love your mini 3.1 Philip Lim. You always have great bags!

    shortandsweetjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. I hope you find your perfect pair!

      Delete
  3. That Phillip Lim Pashli mini is adorbs!!

    xo, tasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky! I love the boots - do you know if I could call into a Bloomies store and ask the SA to help me locate a pair in my size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and that's exactly what I did, since I don't have a store nearby. They'll ship to you for free if you have a Bloomies card too.

      Delete
  5. Love the way those boots look in that last outfit with tights. I've been thinking about these boots after seeing Jean's post about them, but I've been looking for something with a flat heel. I might just fork up the money though, since I can't find anything else that works for narrow calves! :(

    VeryAmy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried the 50/50 in riding style? They fit very similar, only flat heels. Runs a bit bigger though last time I tried.

      Delete
  6. gorgeous outfit! you look so chic and i love your bag
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those boots but too $$$...your last outfit is my favorite! i have to run to a BR store to check that striped pullover out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those slim boots are giving nice look to the women. Really nice combination.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...