Tuesday, December 11, 2012

J.Crew Colorblock Check Mini & Phillip Lim Pashli Mini Satchel

HELLO! Sorry for being MIA for soooo long. I have been so "trapped" at work that I felt like I got sucked into a time warp and lost track of what happened in real world.  I never thought I'd enjoy my work this much  before since the reason I went to engineering was because my parents threw me into this field. Both of them were engineers, my mother a satellite engineer to boot. Last couple of weeks, I went through a period of sorrow (the chip I built wouldn't work - it's like having a kid of yours sick in the hospital) to a mere joy (finding the root cause of the problem and worked around it). This is by no means the first chip I help build, but I have never felt so attached before.. I have also for the first time felt so lucky to be working with so many of these talented people.  My coworkers made me proud. I am proud of my work.

Sorry about the babbling. I have so much emotion right now and I felt I needed to put it out somewhere so I can remember later. Working on post silicon power on have opened my eyes and introduced me to a whole new world.

On to the outfit. The skirt was a store purchase for less than $45. Online price is still $89.99 down from the original $138. Size 00 fit me perfectly. It's a great quality wool mini and it's super cute in person. I acquired this Phillip Lim Pashli mini satchel more than a month ago and never got a chance to use it until recently.  I love the design of this satchel and the color is a great neutral that goes with pretty much everything. The golden double zippered front is my absolute favorite.

You can wear it crossbody like this:
Or hold it in your hands like this:
 Or you can wear it like a shoulder bag casually like this:
 The possibility is endless.
Outfit Details
Ann Taylor factory v-neck sweater (old)
J.Crew colorblock check mini (buy here)
Loft jacket with faux fur (old, love it still)
Ralph Lauren dark brown leather gloves with tan bow (love it. bought it recently from TJMaxx for $25)
Chanel earrings
pearl necklace from auction
STEVEN by Steve Madden Bolerro boots (review here)
3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Mini Satchel in Taupe (pre-order here, buy black version now here)

Update: See a blog post on regular sized satchel on Vegesoup, and a review of the regular pashli satchel by Elle.

18 comments:

  1. Glad work is getting better for you, Vicky (especially the holidays are just around the corner). I really like your bag. The design is somewhat similar to the mini Celine. Enjoy the rest of your week and stay warm =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sydney. I just realized how close we are from Christmas and started panicking about presents. I haven't started shopping yet. :(
      Yes it's a great alternative to Celine nano, only fraction of the price.
      Wish you and your family a great holiday!

      Delete
  2. Vicky, congratulations on your chip and finding the root cause of the problem. It must be the best feeling in the world to see it work! :)
    I love love love your outfit Vicky. The colors are so rich and pretty together and your purse is so cute! The color is so versatile too!! Hope you have a chance to slow down, catch your breath and enjoy the holidays. xoxo, Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much, Phoebe. I am glad the worst part is over too. :) Now I just have to get into the holiday spirit. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Great to see you're doing well at work, Vicky! Missed your regular posts! On another note, I loveeee your new bag. I actually tried it on in a different colour today. The size is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah? What color did you try on? I love the black and gold too. Can't have both. Hehe. :)

      Delete
  4. Vicky, reading about your last few weeks at work brought a smile to my face. I took an IC fab lab elective in college and thought it was the coolest experience ever... though my grades weren't really dependent on the devices working, so I didn't feel the same sense of attachment. Anyhow, despite all the frustration you went through, I'm so glad to hear a positive outcome to your story! Being truly passionate about engineering isn't easy, but you've achieved that.

    I think the Philip Lim Pashli (in all sizes) is going to be the next "it" bag. It looks gorgeous with your wintry outfit.

    On a side note, the bunny in your header is ADORABLE. Major props to Jasmine (I'm assuming?) for picking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for your kind words, Cee. I appreciate it.

      And the bunny is Jasmine's work, yes. Great guess. lol. She loves bunnies. She made a play with different bunny characters, and she drew each one by hand herself. I love love love her drawings - full of personalities. Oh, and she made a video too on "how to draw a bunny". I found it by accident and couldn't stop smiling. :) Maybe I'd share it here some day.

      Delete
  5. Amazing looking coat and bag! I'm in love <3

    Hope you are feeling better and the festive mood might cheer you up more.. happy holidays!

    Kisses:
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Happy holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so good to hear that work is feeling rewarding! It's always nice when that happens :) my brother is also an engineer with his ups and downs, and luckily things have been going well for him recently, too! I know nothing about your field, lol. When I read or hear about it I'm so confused. Anyways, love the baby satchel. It is definitely reminiscent of the Celine nano, but in a more gorgeous color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, don't worry Amber. I know nothing about your field either, but I'm always very interested to read about it. :) Engineering is not a popular field especially for girls, and I tend to not bore other girls with it. That's why I seldom talk about my work. Just like any job, it has its excitement and boring phases. In the end, it's all worth the effort. :)

      Delete
  8. Nice! Where did you get those tights? Unusual color...unless it is my computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not your computer, must be the camera. It shows up on my screen a weird purplish brown too. It's actually just a pure brown tights. :) They are very old and I have no idea where it's from.

      Delete
  9. The bag looks amazing on you. In fact I just received my black X gold mini today, and vegebun thought that bag is hers. I have to say the bag suits her really well, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vege Soup. Thanks to you, I got very interested in the mini version after seeing the taupe colored regular sized satchel on you. I love the color but don't think I can deal with the size and weight of the regular version, so I went for the mini size. You bought the mini as well? Black w gold hardware would've been my second choice. It's so pretty. Are you keeping it for vegebun? lol.

      Delete
  10. Nice. The upper on you looking so nice.
    http://stylopoint.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bag Vicky! Don't feel bad about being MIA - I have been too! Been blogging but when I don't read blogs I feel so completely disconnected. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...