Saturday, October 6, 2012

Alice + Olivia Kidman Tweed Jacket

Hi everyone. Happy Saturday. Some of you have noticed that I've been MIA for the last 2 weeks. I received emails asking if I was ok. (Thank you so much again for thinking of me!)  I want to let you know that I am alive, and I am slowly recovering from a very bad cold. Whatever virus it was that was brought back by my son from school (although he vehemently denied it) and shared among our family was a very potent one and knocked me out for at least 2 weeks until the doctor prescribed antibiotics. The drug seemed to have done the tricks but I'm still not 100%.  Feeling just a bit under the weather ALL THE TIME.  That has not been able to deter me from taking advantage of some of the great promotions going on online, and I will share some of my keepers in future posts. 

I keep a list of things I want and try to stick to it. There is one item that has been on my list for over a year and it seems to be one of the hardest items to acquire.  The name is "tweed jacket" - Chanel style. A real Chanel jacket has never crossed my mind (not willing to shell out $3000) but I have been on the lookout for a close dupe made in decent quality (cheaply made dupes are out of the question). Also because I don't have a trusted tailor (really need to find one soon), the limitation has been that the fit is also a big requirement. This Alice + Olivia Kidman jacket is close to perfect. I can say that the only thing I don't like about it is the price tag!  ($500 with no discount) The jacket was made in New York City. The details are amazing. It's a very well made piece. There are 3 hidden hooks in front so you can wear it closed.  It's fully lined and the lining is beautiful - there are two metal chains stitched on either side of the front flap. The sleeves are a perfect length, no shortening required.  It could be a little slimmer but it's fine as is. What do you think? Is it worth keeping in your opinion?  Do you have any other recommendations?

Loft long sleeve top (old, Ann Taylor version here, Theory version here)
Alice + Olivia Kidman tweed jacket (buy here, or here)
F21 faux leather shorts (old, similar here)
Ann Taylor platform perfect pumps (old, block heel version here)
Chanel m/l flap
Chanel sunglasses (from BBOS, invite here)
Swarovski necklace and earrings (old)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I love your jacket! It's a keeper in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jacket looks exquisite on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to give it the thumbs up but the scale of the check pattern bothers me. Fit seems really good though. Personally I would hold out for a better fabric given the price of this one as it is. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a long time reader, but this looks promts me to comment for the first time. I love it! Everything about it just works. Considering that you don't have to do any alteration and the quality is good, I would say keep the jacket. And I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky! Oh my gosh, I love this outfit on you! You look so sophisticated and polished. The jacket is fantastic...perhaps you can see if it's available at a discount (have you tried using ebates or opening a Saks credit card for 5% off?). Otherwise, as long as you think the cost-per-wear will be good, then I say it's better to own one piece you really love vs. 10 less expensive pieces you don't love as much. :) Those sunglasses look fabulous on you, too!

    Love, S
    http://shamelesslyoverdressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate to say it, but i love it too :) it really looks wonderful. the price tag made me gulp for a second! i like it much better than many chanel i've seen, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky, thanks for sharing this find with us! I *really* like the structured shoulders on you -- I hadn't thought much about what my ideal tweed jacket would look like, but figured once I see it I'd know, hehe -- but now I have to add the shoulder details to my want list :) I also think the length of this jacket hits you at the perfect spot. Black and white colors are a classic and I don't think you can go wrong, but if I had to nitpick, I think the pattern might be slightly too large (just my opinion of course). If you love this jacket, I say keep. Definitely sleep on it to help you decide!

    PS - Love how these photos turned out! Props to your photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my fave outfits of yours, Vicky! The jacket looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, I hope you feel 100% soon! I had the cough too but only for a week and that was long enough for me.

    I really love this jacket on you when I first spied your IG post. I love the CC sunnies too! :)

    If you're looking for a reliable tailor I recommend All Fit Tailoring on Newbury St. It's run by a sweet pair (a Vietnamese mom and son). The mom does the alterations and she has yet to disappoint me. I actually need to swing by myself some time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning, Vicky! Love this on you--just looks beautiful. I'd want to keep the jacket if I could. Some commented on the size of the pattern, but it's so classic that the size really doesn't bother me at all. Glad to hear that you're feeling better! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The top half looks nice, however, the bottom half with the leather shorts and tights age you considerably and more suited to the younger demographic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm amazed in your outfit, I liked it! It doesn't bearish in vision. Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...