Friday, September 7, 2012

Silk and Leather

Happy Friday, everyone. I apologize for being so late on this post. I meant to take some pictures of this Theory leather jacket last Sunday after many of you requested it from seeing this post, but didn't get a chance till this morning. It's been rainy, humid, and hot this week, so the thought of putting this jacket on made me sweat bullets. I was able to take the Friday off to recoup - from the year long bashing by the project I was working on. The morning was cool enough that I felt ok to wear it for a few minutes over the silky ensemble.  I couldn't bear the thoughts of trying it on with skinny jeans and long sleeve shirt, which would've been perfect for this jacket.
natural drape of the front flaps
Closer look at the buttery soft leather
Add scarf to create more interesting layering
With front flaps open wide
Back view - you'll be able to see more clearly where it hits with pants, not so much with skirt.
Outfit Details
H&M top
Theory leather jacket in camel (new arrivals in Theory outlet stores, or online)
Vintage belt
Michael Kors watch
Chanel earrings (bought it from BBOS, invite here)
Heart gold necklace (gifted)
Kate Spade bow ring in gold (white and black ceramic version still in outlet stores)

10 comments:

  1. I love the green top and how you matched your bag, and the blue belt looks awesome with the skirt <3


    you should check out my store for some summer steals, all our summer products are an extra 20% off <3

    xoxo prismcouture

    p.s. i'm a new follower, love ur blog!

    http://www.prismcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and I'm glad you like my blog. Thanks for following. Checking out your website now.

      Delete
  2. I stopped by a Theory outlet store a couple of weeks ago and felt the leather. This jacket has the most softest leather I have touched! I don't own leather jackets (I usually buy imitation/faux). Loved how you paired it with green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing. It's one of the softest I've touched too.

      Delete
  3. I love the look of this jacket! And your blouse/skirt combo is great! Love the green and blue. Hope you have a nice weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  4. Love everything about this outfit especially this gorgeous and delicious new leather jacket. The color is perfect and I can tell it's super buttery soft. Is it lambskin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie. You should definitely try it out. Yes, it's 100% lambskin.

      Delete
  5. Love it. It does show up very luxurious on camera and probably feels even better when you put it on. I like how the back view shows that it cinches in at the waist ever so slightly. Fall will soon be here, so I can't to see you wear it with other combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! the drape is lovely!!! i cant wait to see it with more fall and winter clothes. and more scarves :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...