Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Multiple Shades of Green + Penny Loafer Pumps

I'm naturally drawn to green - any shades, you name it. Today's outfit started with discovering the green lace top I bought beginning of the year and worn only once. I wanted to pair it with an A-line skirt, and today's cool temperature (50s in the morning, and upper 60s in the afternoon) made me reach for the trusted wool version.  I love this skirt so much that I ended up collecting 3 colors - rust, green, and camel when JCrew slashed the price to $34.99 in March. I was surprised by how often I reached for these skirts in different pairings. As you can see from the final product, I continuously piled green on top of it - green brooch, jade studs (not shown), and my new favorite jacket - J.Crew field jacket (factory version) in mossy brown.  Now the interesting part is the shoe selection. I  picked out two options - a pair of brown laced up booties and a pair of penny loafer pumps. I went with the penny loafer pumps - felt like being preppy today. :)

Have you wondered where the name "penny loafer" came from? I got curious today and did some online research. The story is actually quite interesting.  For the curious mind, check out The History of the Penny Loafer here and here.
I never noticed the distinct open-lips-like straps until today. Maybe next time I will stick a penny in there for luck. :)

Outfit Details
J.Crew Crochet lace-front tee in dusty sage (xxs, last season)
Flair skirt in double-serge wool in cool pine (00P, last season)
Banana Republic penny loafer pumps (last season)
Cole Haan crossbody bag (2 years old)
J.Crew factory downtown field jacket (regular store version here)
Revlon's Ravish Me Red lip color (gifted by Jean)
Loft brooch (old)

21 comments:

  1. I love the color of that skirt Vicky, and the jacket looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tara. Have a great evening.

      Delete
  2. I love the whole color combination.. very cooling actually.

    Kisses from :
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY (where fashion and food collide!)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look soooo cute, Vicky!! Love all the greens, and the flower brooch brings everything together so nicely. I'm learning so much from your blog! Thanks, and have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to say that. I'm glad that you find my blog interesting. Have a great evening!

      Delete
  4. Pretty shade of green. Thank you for the history about the penny loafer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You are welcome. I find it fascinating. lol

      Delete
  5. Such pretty colors. You look great in that skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the price of that skirt really went that low?!?! i cant believe i didnt pick it up. i love the greens on you. i'm a huge green fan, too. the other day my fellow i'm working with was like "you really like green, huh." um, yes i do. so much that i wear it every day. what other color goes so well with blue scrubs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color of the skirt goes very well with the top. Did I mention I got the same top but not having luck bringing the color out with a nice outfit? Your post gives me some idea, including tracking down some item in the same color group.

    BTW, I think I saw you at natick mall once but I am too shy to say hello. Plus I was shopping with mother and my son.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, you would've made my day if you had said hello. Hope to run into you again. And please don't hesitate to come introduce yourself. I promise I won't bite. :)

      Delete
  8. Yes next time I shall. I am more concerned how to explain to my mother about blogging and meeting people never met in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jesus Christ! Your face looks super old!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have any photos of you actually wearing the jacket? I am considering purchasing this evening and am about your size and would love to see it all the way on you. Many thanks for your inspiring blog. You are one of my favorite petite bloggers! About my age, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://instagr.am/p/PrkLHpLlgL/

      Delete
    2. Just added a link to my Instagram picture, let me know if it works for you. Thanks for supporting my blog. :)

      Delete
  11. Yes, the link worked! Thank you for the lightning fast response. Looks wonderful on you. I have been looking for something just like this to replace a wax jacket I've had for years that is finally falling apart. You said this is the XS and not the XXS, correct? If so, did you try the XXS as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! The jacket is an xs in factory store. They told me that was the smallest size that this jacket came in. The regular store version comes in xxs, but I don't know the size comparison. Are you considering ordering from jcrew.com? If do I recommend getting 2 sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...