Sunday, August 26, 2012

J.Crew French Hen Theme

First time I noticed the J Crew French Hen design was on Gigi's "J Crew - french hen sweater" post. I was never a fan of a big object in the middle of your front design (think the popular big heart design), and the hen just looks silly now. If I had to pick one, I much prefer the "acorn blue" over the "navy mist".
Acorn Blue
Navy Mist
Then I came across J.Crew Aficionada's post on the scarf version, and just had to check it out in the store. I felt like I played a "I spy a French Hen" game in the store yesterday roaming up and down the clean and immaculate store I never had a chance to go to in Legacy Place shopping center.
I noticed that the French Hen in a smaller scale, in a repeated pattern is a much more adorable design than the big fat plopped right in the middle one on the sweater. How adorable is the iphone case with some hens randomly splattered around. :)

What do you think of this J Crew design? Yay or Nay?

Have a great weekend, everyone.

17 comments:

  1. I think it would be cute for accessories. I actually like the scarf. Did you end up with anything =)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the scarf is cute, but not cute enough for me to get it. I didn't get anything yesterday, but I have a package coming my way from JCrew so I can't complain. ;)

      Delete
  2. Those socks are cute. I like those hen designs, but maybe too cute for me. But I would like to have socks for my fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socks are definitely cute. Peeking out of a pair of ankle boots, how fun is that!

      Delete
  3. I am not a big fan of the big hen designs. But when they are on accessories, they are ok to me. I would get the scarf for sure. I have tried on the hen sweater in store (see post here and that's definitely not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's not a lot of people's cup of tea. :)

      Delete
  4. I don't get the big hen thing...is it just me? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you can tell from the replies that it's not just you, Annie. :)

      Delete
  5. Yay... I like the scarf and phone case. Love little bird prints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might go for accessories, but I'm really not sure about the sweater - I'm going to be 33 years old, after all. I have, however, asked people what they thought about it in a recent post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is much better on the smaller accessories for sure. i still would rather wear flowers than poultry, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw this sweater today too. I wish they had chosen some other animals - like a lion or tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this sweater on the model but not sure if I could pull it off!

    KISSES FROM :
    A SMALL BLOG WITH A BIG HEART!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY (where fashion and food collide!)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it will be cute as an accessory. I'm not a fan of the big hen print.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the little print is better i think, as well! xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the cute sock, and amazing all of things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I say YAY, but I love wacky prints esp animal prints. Cat prints had me at hello.
    -Becky
    www.thepumpkinspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...