Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shop the Closet: Aqua and Polka Dots

After finding my white sheath by accident, I am focused a lot more on my closet now than ever. The surprises go on and on, and I am enjoying this a lot. I challenge myself to find pieces of clothing that I have not worn in the past 3 months and either wear them or donate them. I'm also starting to make a shopping list, so that I don't keep getting the "wear and forget" items. The list is very short now, and I'm happy to say that I just crossed one off - think summer tote.

The aqua shirt was a steal from Loft a few years ago. I think I paid at most $12 for it.  It has been buried in the closet and rediscovered by me today.  I love the color a lot and ruching on the shoulders are adorable. Paired with my new favorite H&M polka dot skirt, the outfit is so refreshing and young.  Hope you join me in rediscovering your lost gems in your closets.

Outfit Details
Loft cap sleeve aqua shirt (old)
H&M Polka Dot skirt
Belt from an H&M clothing item I can even recall
Ann Taylor pumps (this season's version here)
Chanel m/l flap
Chanel sunnies (from BBOS private sale, invite here)
pearl earrings and necklace (gift and auction)
Skagen watch (similar one on Nordstrom anniversary sale here)

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE this color combination! I'll be joining you in "shopping" my closet as well. Those old pieces need to be worn again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, can't wait to see what you find in your closet. :)

      Delete
  2. That's such a cute and useful blouse, love it with the belt and skirt. We should do this regularly, what do say, say or nay? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh, SORRY typing too fast when I can't - I meant what do you say, yay or nay?!

      Delete
  3. SIMPLE YET COLORFUL OUTFIT AND THAT PATENT M/L IS DIVINE!

    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY where Fashion and Food collide!
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your skirt, nice look
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing a lot of polka-dots in blog posts today! Such a fun print to wear. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think polka dots are contagious. lol

      Delete
  6. That blouse is soooo cute! Good idea to shop in your closet. I have to start ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable outfit! I think aqua or turquoise paired with black & white polka dots is one of my favourite all time combos. There is just something so fresh and pretty about it.

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit and think all women should "shop" more in our closets for lost pieces!

    www.steffysworld.com xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...