Sunday, July 22, 2012

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale round up

Nordstrom is having their annual anniversary sale now until August 6. If you are looking for specific fall items I highly recommend that you give this sale a try. Next season items including fall boots are on very decent sale. I caved and applied for a Nordstrom card so that I can earn double points. If you shop online, ebates offer 5% rebate on nordstrom.com purchases. (For ebates referal, click here.)

I went into the store to try a few boots I spotted online.  I am looking for black flat boots and simple black (minimum hardware) high heel boots. These are the ones I found online that had potentials so I went into the store with the list. I also spotted the Cole Haan wedge online and thought I'd try it on if they have inventory.
Cole Haan Jodhpur boot #541585
Via Spiga Bethany boot #538913
Sam Edelman ''Serephina" boot #540919
Cole Haan Air Monica Wedge #541615

The sad part is, none of the shoes on my list worked. They are either too big on the calf or too tall for my short legs. I didn't even bother taking pictures, that's how bad they looked. Oh wait, I do have a couple.
The Cole Haan wedge looks very cute, but they only had a size 7 for me to try on. It looks very wide - even too wide for my big fat feet, but very comfortable, and super cute.
My SA didn't give up on the misfits, and brought out the Blondo 'Vergara" boot.  There are several noticeable differences of these boots. The shaft height is only 14 3/4" so it's great for shorties.  The shaft is stretchy, so it will conform to your legs. And it's waterproof - a bonus!
Here's how it looks on me.
The SA couldn't find the mate for this boot, and had to offer to order a pair for me.  When I noticed that they also offer size 5.5 (I was trying on size 6), I asked her to order both sizes so I can compare. The size 6 fits me on the calf, but the shoes are a bit big. I am hoping that the 5.5 will be just right.

Another item I picked up last weekend during presale was these Equipment Brett silk blouse in midnight. I love this blouse - the weight of the silk is noticeably heavier, the color is to die for, I'm just still not sure if to keep it or not because I don't think I'd be able to keep it spot free and you all know how much I hate dry cleaning.  Here's how size XS looks on me.
Back view worn with shorts. Love the drape!
While I was in Norstrom with Jasmine, I decided to stop by the Junior's department to browse. Saw this Alexander McQueen knock off scarf for a mere $18 in 3 different colors. I couldn't believe how nice it looks and the polyester has a great silk-like feel to it. I bought the beige colored one for my daughter thinking it'll be less severe than a black and white one.
I asked the SA to cut off the tag after purchasing it so that Jasmine could wear it for the rest of the day in the mall and later on in the bookstore sipping Starbuck's new refresher in Very Berry Hibiscus. I love the drink.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and happy Sunday!


13 comments:

  1. jasmine is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Equipment blouse looks great on you! I say keep :) I saw the scarf, too and thought about one for myself as a "if I snag it I won't break down in public" scarf. Good haul! I hope the boots work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. lol on the thoughts on the scarf. I think it's a great sub for the real thing, and I will def "borrow" from my daughter a lot on this one.

      Delete
  3. Great deal on that scarf! Is the black / red skirt also from Nordstrom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirt that wore trying on the Equipment blouse is from M by Missoni. The SA was trying really hard to convince me to buy, but $300+ for a skirt I can't wear to work even is too much. Very cute though.

      Delete
  4. that is an amazing drape!! i'll have to look into those. tho i really dont need to be shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, that's what I tell myself everyday, Amber. But you know what, if this gives you work relief and pleasure, so be it. :)

      Delete
    2. so true! i keep coming back to check out the blouse, lol

      Delete
  5. I was thinking about ordering the Sam Edelman boots online...were they way too tall for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they looked ridiculous on me. The openings were huge.

      Delete
  6. Jasmine is adorable and looks great in the scarf. I went to Nordie's yesterday but left empty handed :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More power to you, Annie. You can put your money somewhere else, like on another Chanel or something. lol

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...