Friday, June 22, 2012

A Wow Dress - Trina Turk for Banana Republic Crazy Botanical Twist-Strap Dress

"To really experience life, you need to flirt with extremes. A life lived safely in monotone is not a life lived at all. Why not experience a little of the absolute superfluous?" -- Frank Zambrelli
Outfit Details:
Trina Turk Crazy Botanical twist-strap dress (size 00P, still available in store)
Belt from an H&M dress
J.Crew factory bracelet
Michael Kors watch
Michael Kors sunnies
Romwe bag
Banana Republic cardigan (old)
Chanel earrings
vintage gold chain and heart necklace - gifted

We have just experienced the worst mid-June weather - almost 100 degrees and humid weather for 3 days. Finally this is coming to an end with a few big thunderstorms.  I like wearing silk in humid hot days because it's the most cooling material I know. I brought a cardigan to work thinking I'd freeze but didn't end up using it at all. 
Yesterday I have "borrowed" a pink Chanel tote from Bag Borrow Or Steal. I have purchased many items from their private sale website (like this Chanel flap and these Chanel earrings) and was very happy with the experiences.  This is the first time I use their "borrow" service, so I don't know what to expect. I will report out in a week or so. For invite, click here.


8 comments:

  1. I was once thinking about borrowing an Hermes Kelly but after I saw the rental price? I figured I should just save up the money to buy it! Love the silk dress! The TT line isn't moving that quickly, I'm waiting for it to go on sale.

    I will dry clean my striped dress so it will be in perfect condition! Yes..I dry clean almost all of my clothes...only gym clothes, towels, errands running clothes, light coloured polo shirts get washed in the washing machine. All other items are sent to the cleaners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the borrow or steal site with us! I am definitely signing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is great on you. I love the print. Finally saw it today in-person and no photo I've seen online does it justice. Nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress on you! Unfortunately there were none in my size to try on, but I did end up with the shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The styling looks like ExtraPetite's wear it to work photos for the same dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great on you! Your outfit looks very elegant, yet fun, because of the plant-themed print.

    Would love to see pictures of your 'borrowed' tote!

    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks gorgeous on you and pairs very nicely with that belt! Would love to hear more about your rental experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the above colorful dress and you are looking very beautiful in this dress. I also like all the accessories very much. I would love to buy this kind of dress for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...