Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Week in Pictures

Hello everyone. When I started this blog two years ago (was it really that long ago?) I gave it a name that represented what this blog was all about - daily fashion update. I was very enthusiastic and was posting almost once a day. Then the frequency slowed down to a few posts a week, which then recently turned into a weekly post - if that much. When I told Bryan about the inconsistency between my post frequency and the blog name, he said he would "help" me get a domain from google - vickysdailyfashion.lol.  Joke aside, I really appreciate your support for this blog even though it's not as active as before.  As for what exactly I am spending time on recently, it's work. Work has been swallowing me whole. I work and sleep, and when I feel like I can't handle it any more, I go shopping as a stress relief. This is the only way to keep me above insanity. Let's see how long that'll last.


Instagram 1: Wearing the gorgeous J.Crew pumps to work.
Instagram 2: Flower shopping for my little front yard garden.
Instagram 3: Wearing Ann Taylor Tie front shirt and pencil skirt. Love the fit and color of the skirt.
Instagram 4: Trina Turk for Banana Republic crazy botanical twist-strap dress. (Petite sizes sold out online. Regular sizes here. I have already seen one ebay listing for a 00P for $200.) I am wearing a 00P. See it on Jean here.  There might be still smaller sizes available in store. I absolutely love this dress. One thing to be careful about is that the patterns on each dress is different. Check carefully before you buy.
Instagram 5: Absolutely THE highlight of the week. Bryan and I went to the outlet mall to make a few quick returns, and ran into Jean and Nick on their bi-annual trip to the outlet. We talked for 2 hours non-stop, standing the whole time. You need to move closer, Jean. Housing is so much cheaper in the suburbs. :)

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Love this post Vicky! Don't worry I totally understand about the infrequency of posts - I hardly even do style posts anymore - makes me so sad! That BR dress is BEAUTIFUL on you Gah I can't believe the petites are sold out already! I guess I can't wait for a sale in Canada to jump on this one. Was trying to find it while I was here in Florida (still here for one more day) but the stores near me didn't carry petites - just my luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of BR stores don't carry petites, Elaine. Good luck finding it in Canada.

      Delete
    2. Totally enjoying your FB pics!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky,
    I for one don't mind the infrequency or frequency of your posts. I enjoy your photos. I doubt I'm as busy as you. I work and I have no kids, lol. Yet I still keep taking pictures that I mean to post up, yet a lot of times they just sit in my memory card.
    Though you are stressed and use shopping as a stress reliever, it benefits me, so I can live vicariously through your shopping...lol, jk.
    You & Jean look so fashionable. Standing next to each other, you both appear tall!
    Take care & don't stress too much,
    Joy

    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joy! It's funny that we shorties don't look short if there are no giants around us. :)

      Delete
  3. I love your black blouse. UGH. I went to the link you suggested on the blog and it is way expensive though.
    On another note- I was contemplating purchasing the Amrita Singh Dune necklace in the same color as your necklace (nello) but I can't make up my mind. I have the evergreen in nello, and love it. The dune looks a bit bigger than the nello. What do you think about a shorter person wearing it? Plus.. even though it is on sale, I am wavering because I guess I really do not need to spend the money.
    BTW I commend you on being able to post. I have a blog on my triathalon training, and I have not updated it in a while (embarrassed). Work keeps me from training 100%, therefore I kind of am doing it 50%.
    2nd BTW, I notice how you are following the orange shorts at Ann Taylor (it is to the left of your commentbox). I don't know how small you are, but the GAP has an orange pair that I saw at the mall the other day. Old Navy also had a cute orange jean jacket that I am surprised none of the bloggers posted about. I picked one up right away!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally do not think Dune is too big for petites. See how Annie styled it here:
      http://www.stylishpetite.com/2011/10/royal-and-evergreen.html?showComment=1317748497008

      Thanks for your suggestions for Gap and ON. I will need to check them out.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Vicky, I visited Annie. I think I LOVE the Nello a bit more than the dune.
      It sealed my decision not to buy it! Yey for me. More money in my pocket. HEHEHEHE

      Delete
  4. Love seeing all these fun pics at once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vicky! Hope work cools down for you eventually!

    I would love to run into another blogger friend! You both look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. I sure hope so. Hope I can run into you sometime. :)

      Delete
  6. Just stumbled upon your blog...I love your work style! :)

    ~Sarah
    http://shamelesslyoverdressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Sarah!

      Delete
  7. vicky, you look amazing, and wow, love that trina turk for BR dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jasmine. :) BTW, you and my daughter have the same name.

      Delete
  8. I love the BR Trina Turk dress, Vicky - it looks great on you!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...