Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sale Alert: J.Crew 30% off Summer Sale with Code SHOPNOW

Till end of Thursday, J.Crew online website is running a 30% off sale items with code SHOPNOW.  Free shipping on orders of $175+.  Free shipping on Crewcut items.  I have 3 crewcut items to share with you on how how they fit and look.

1. GIRLS' ANCHORS AWEIGH MINI (size 14. Orig. 49.5. On sale for $34.99 $24.49)
Super cute with on trend anchors designs. A little short for my liking, although it is called a mini for that reason, Jasmine reminded me.  Waist is big, but with the adjustable elastic waistband, the problem is solved in seconds.
Verdict: Undecided

2. GIRLS' PEP SQUAD SKIRT IN STRIPE (size 14. orig. 39.5, on sale $29.99 $21)
Soft cotton in a hardy knit. Pull on elastic waistband and a drawstring. I love that it has some weight to it. The pattern is casual and adorable. Great length too. This is my favorite piece of all. Works great with flat sandals or sandals with heels. Please ignore the stripe on stripe look, I was too lazy to change the top. :)
Verdict: Keep.

3. GIRLS' RUFFLE 'ROUND DRESS (size 12 orig. $88, on sale $59.99 $42)
This dress is super super cute. I couldn't find a size 14, so I ordered 12 to try on in case they run large. Unfortunately that is not the case. The armpit and length fit fine, but the waist is a the wrong position.
Verdict: Undecided. I might keep it for Jasmine although she's too thin to fill it in right now.

Are you taking advantage of this sale? What have you ordered?

On a different note, the Pour la Victoire sandals I ordered came today. I love the sandals. They are very well made and very stylish. However, they run half a size too big. My feet are slipping in them. I am so bummed. I am totally loving the black pair. :(

13 comments:

  1. The anchors skirt is very cute, but I find it and the white dress a little too "young". Those sandals look comfy though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would return the first skirt; the shape of it seems too boxy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pour La Victoire sandals look almost identical to the Sam Edelman Trina. http://www.zappos.com/sam-edelman-trina-whiskey?zfcTest=fw:1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you and Jean are posting about Crewcuts lately. I have been really interested because of the free shipping. I do really like your keeper skirt! If the anchor skirt is too short for your liking, then you should return it...you will not reach for it enough. But those anchor patters are so easy to love! :)

    What are you going to do about the shoes? Are they fixable with inserts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for the info on that J. Crew skirt from a couple posts back! I will try that soon! :)

      Delete
    2. I have decided that those shoes are going back. Inserts don't work well with sandals at all. :(

      Delete
  5. I love the stripe skirt best on you though the anchor one is fine as you wear minis. So sad about the sandals! If you want to look for an alternative, Sam Edelman has the exact, same style in tan but not sure if they come in black which I agree look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry forgot to add, the style is called 'Trina'.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I'll check out the Trina. Tara owns a pair.

      Delete
  6. I think that both of those skirts are adorable! Wish I could fit into them! My Sam Edelman sandals look almost identical to the ones you have on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you like them, Tara? Are they comfy?

      Delete
  7. Love the stripe skirt it is definitely a keeper, it looks great on you! But I don't think the other two flatter you as much (and look slightly too young on you). Too bad about the sandals, I really liked the metallic heel on them. Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize I copied you with my own post of J. Crew picks. lol, oopsies!
    I love your mirror pictures!

    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...