Tuesday, June 12, 2012

ROMWE Bag

Thanks to Jessica from Hapa Time (my new favorite blog), I was able to score this new little structured bag from ROMWE that I absolutely adore. I usually shy away from sites like this - trying to mimic the latest fashions and sell them cheap. Usually you sacrifice quality in a big way.  When I saw this bag on Jessica, I couldn't help but notice how well the stitching was in zoomed in pictures. I sent her an email to inquire about it and she replied with a lot of details and her personal opinion. With confirmation from her, I felt more confident to order it. The bag was shipped from Nanjing, China, so it took about 2 weeks from the time the order was placed till I got it in my hands. The total cost was $48 with a 20% off coupon and the shipping was free. I was hesitant to post about it before its arrival because there is always a chance that the bag doesn't meet my expectations. Now that I got the bag and used it for 4 days, I can say that I highly recommend it. The leather is very nice and not prone to scratches. The stitching is phenomenal. The size is great and gee I love the color. This is a fantastic substitute to a Celine box if you don't want to shell out $3000 for a purse. That being said, when I tried to find this purse on ROMWE I realized that the purse is sold out already. Sorry for being late on this post.
Outfit Details:
Loft long sleeve top (recent, xxsp, on sale for $12 in stores)
J.Crew cotton skirt (old)
J.Crew pumps
Michael Kors watch
Ann Taylor bangle
vintage gold heart necklace - gifted
Chanel earrings from ebay

P.S. Aldo is having a big sale on flat sandals if you are looking for a pair. Orders over $75 get free shipping. I ordered 4 pairs to try on.

Have a great week!

Update on Aldo order - 

  • HARTSTEIN fits nicely, pretty color, cute bottom, but the big bow seems to be out of place. 
  • MARANVILLE is a bad choice for people who have higher than normal feet. I could barely put one of my feet into these shoes and the other one I couldn't even get in. 
  • CAVNESS is hands down my favorite, although it's the most expensive. HARTSTEIN and MARANVILLE both are synthetic material, but the CAVNESS is not only real leather on the upper but also on the inner sole. It's super soft and comfy. I wore it in the house for a few hours and was absolutely amazed. A definite keeper. 
Who would think Aldo sells shoes made in Italy. :)

15 comments:

  1. Glad you did a post about this site because I was browsing their handbag section for fun about a week or two ago and spotted so many "look-alike" version of the expensive handbags but wondering what to expect in their quality. It looks quite lovely.

    The color of your pumps is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nelah. I wouldn't put my faith on an online store just because they did a good job on one bag, however this definitely is a good reference.

      Delete
  2. Glad the purse worked out for you! It is a great color that will go well with so many items your already own.

    I have a question about your skirt...I have that same skirt, but mine gets so wrinkly after washing! I do not own a steamer or even an iron (lol!)...any suggestions on what I can do to get the wrinkling out without these items?

    I love that top on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey hun try hanging it up during and hot shower and don't turn on the fan. the steam from the shower should soften the wrinkles unless it is very thick material. xo

      Delete
    2. Hi Michelle. Sorry for getting back to you so late. This skirt does wrinkle a lot when I wash and dry in the machine. I iron it every time I wear it. (I don't have a steamer either). After your comment, I did an experiment and just wash the skirt in the machine and take it out and line try after smoothing it out a bit with hands. It turns out pretty good actually - not as wrinkly as it would have been if I put it in the dryer. See if this works for you.
      BTW, I don't know how you can survive without an iron. lol.

      Delete
  3. Would love to see some more purse posts and a what's in your bag. Cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww im so glad you love it! it looks amazing with your outfit and those shoes are so pretty :)

    hapatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. im always nervous about quality on the look-alike bags, too. i've always seemed to had bad luck actually (ex, just made a hole in a leather one...??). thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, this is such a great bag. I love the simplicity, the shape, the colors... pretty much everything. I know you'll wear her well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is indeed a very cute bag! Congrats! Love this whole outfit, comfortable and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your blog so much! your so talented! i followed <3 do you think you could maybe follow me back? would love my blog to be as good as yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bag looks great. Thanks for sharing your experince about getting the bag. Nice to know the quality of ROMWE, it's a site I heard a lot about lately but haven't bought anything from. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, real leather bag for $48? That's a good deal! I love that sweater and was so close to purchasing it a few weeks ago - looks lovely on you paired with the skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been to Aldo in a long time. Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a chic look!

    xo Violet Grey

    www.violetgrey.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...