Friday, April 6, 2012

A Week in Outfits and DIY bracelet

Hi everyone. I am so glad it's Friday! It's been a hectic week for me. First of all, as some of you following me on twitter and facebook might know that my daughter had an accident during soccer practice and broke her right arm on Monday.  Thank you so much for all your best wishes.  She has been recovering amazingly. We only gave her Advil for 2 days, and the third day on, she survived without any drug.  Today she said she had no pain any more.  I am very grateful that it wasn't more serious than it was.

I have a backlog of iphone pictures to share and I'm going to start with a few OOTD pictures.
Outfit 1:
Anthropologie cardigan
Banana Republic pleated skirt
Loft necklace
Belt from an H&M jacket
Cole Haan booties

Outfit 2:
Loft ruffle front top
Ann Taylor merino wool cardigan
Ann Taylor belt
J.Crew Mona pumps in wild berry (buy here)

Outfit 3:
Banana Republic Factory tweed dress
Loft shirt
Ann Taylor perfect pumps (buy here)
Pearls gifted from sister

Outfit 4:H&M gray tee (xs)
H&M white jean leggings (size 2)
Ann Taylor perfect pumps (buy here)
Alex Woo Leo necklace
F21 chain necklace (Shortened)
bracelet (from the shortened F21 necklace)

After I saw Sydney's leather wrapped DIY bracelet post, I was determined to try it myself, because it looks so nice and pretty and so easy to make. First I went to F21 to find the gold chain.  I only saw silver and gunmetal, so I took home the silver. The necklace is so long that I decided to keep portion of it as a short necklace. My dad did all the hard work of breaking the chain. Thank you Dad.  Here's how it looks shortened. I like it. 
Then I went to JoAnn's Fabric store to get the leather cord and necessary hardware.  I find this to be the most time consuming and difficult task, because I had absolutely no clue where to find them. After what seemed to be forever, I came home with a pack of black sueded cording and some flimsy clasps and jump rings. I'm pretty sure I didn't find the right items, but I'll have to make do for now, because I'm just not up for going back there again before I make this work.  Finally the bracelet is ready to be corded - before I did that I wore it for a day as is, and I like it just plain like that too. :) I will keep you posted on the final product. 

Have a Great Easter Weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Great recap, Vicky! They all look great on you. My fave is outfit 3 : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your daughter, but glad she is doing well! I really love that sunny yellow cardi in outfit one, and that polka dot blazer is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your outfits! So sorry about the accident J had, you must have been so worried - did you get that dreaded call from school? She sounds like a trooper - get well soon - hopefully everything will heal fast and now she's out of pain, can enjoy the school holidays.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Jasmin recovers beautifully and complication-free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing your daughter easy healing & a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all ladies for your warm get-well wishes. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...