Thursday, April 19, 2012

J.Crew Confetti Tweed Jacket

Kids are on spring break this week. So I have decided to tag along and take a couple of days off to enjoy the spring. Weather in New England has been very non-typical. We hit upper 80s one day and had to turn on the air conditioner.  
I had an interesting conversation with my 4th grader the other day. I received an email from his teacher to what it looked like an all parents mailing list saying that she gave some students some homework for the spring break because some of them didn't do so good on a homework they were supposed to be very solid on.  I asked Tristan if he had any homework for the break, he answered no. I said "Your teacher said she gave homework for the spring break." He answered "That's for only people who didn't do well on the other homework".  I said, "So you did well on the other homework?" His answer: "I didn't do the other homework." My eyebrows raised and repeated what he said "You didn't do your homework?" His answer: "I used my homework pass." I never figured out how kids get these homework passes. I assume they get them if they do well on certain things but who knows.  "How do you get these homework passes?" I asked. "I keep them in my backpack, and use them when I want to." What kind of answer is that? "So you used your homework pass to not do the homework so that you don't have to do extra homework because you didn't do bad on the homework you skipped?" It took him a few seconds to digest what I was saying, but in the end he grinned and said "yes." "Does that make sense to you?" I asked. "No," answered he, and burst in to laughter. It must sounded really funny to him no that I put it that way.

This J.Crew jacket is a size 00 regular that I purchased from the store last week. J.Crew is having a 30% off sale now that will put this jacket to $118. (orig. $278, item #64549). The jacket is very well made. The colors include - various pink, blue, gold, white, and green. It's very versatile. It can be paired with a lot of different outfits. The golden buttons are very cute. It's meant to be cropped on regular sized people, but on me, it looks more of a full length jacket. Same thing with sleeve length. This jacket looks best when buttoned, and it fits nicely but not snug on me. I can fit a thin sweater underneath. I don't recommend it to anyone smaller than me. I would say the fit is similar to a Loft 0P.  The pictures somehow made the colors look washed out. Hopefully you can see more clearly when you click on them.
J.Crew confetti Tweed Jacket (00, buy here)
Loft ruffle front long sleeve tee (old)
Gap jean leggings (00P)
Chanel M/L flap
Bandolino captoe pumps (from Marshall's)

11 comments:

  1. I love this jacket on you! Everything fits and suits you so well. I think you should get a ton of wear out of it. Love the narrow shoulders that seem to be the style of J Crew - I LOVE, LOVE their petite pea coat I got on sale too recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That homework exchange between your boy and you is so funny. Bet you're not impressed he missed 2 sets of homework though. Mine is always trying to get out of doing homework too - unless he wants something from me!

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky love that jacket. I also love the fact that your outfits are so put together without bursting with all expensive brand names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The homework conversation between you and your son is funny. My daughter is always trying to get out of doing her homework too. I love the different colors in the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I've gotta hand it to Tristan. He knows how real life works, even if it doesn't exactly look the best while still in school.

    Cute jacket, Vicky. I like how this one looks with casual clothes but can also be dressed up. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect length/color/thread tweed jacket. I don't exactly know what I'm looking for, but I bet if I see the right one I'll just know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats so funny!! people should not give homework over breaks when they're so little. we'll get enough work later!! yay, you posted the blazer!! it looks even better in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color of your jacket...and it sounds like your son picked a really good time to use his homework pass lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol I love your stories about your kids. Tristan is smarter than he seems. His clever mind will reap wonders when he's older.
    & Your outfit is very classy, while the jeans make it look daytime casual too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that jacket on you. I have the skirt version of this and think it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great jacket on you. it's sold out online. i can't afford it anyways. hhahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The jacket is very well made. The colors include - various pink, blue, gold, Red Jacket white, and green. It's very versatile. It can be paired with a lot of different outfits. The golden buttons are very cute. It's meant to be cropped on regular sized people, but on me, it looks more of a full length jacket. Same thing with sleeve length. This jacket looks best when buttoned, and it fits nicely but not Down Jacket snug on me. I can fit a thin sweater underneath. I don't recommend it to anyone smaller than me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...