Colored denim or colored pants are so in this season that it's hard not to notice all the bright neon colors that are popping up everywhere. My personal take on it is that it'll come and go in one or two season, and the next rotation will be anther 7-10 years. In other words, it's not a fashion trend that will stay here forever. However I very much adore the bright happy colors that will instantaneously lift up my spirit. My only rule to purchasing trendy items is to spend a little as I can. Even though the items don't have to last a long time, I do make sure that I don't sacrifice comfort due to cheap materials. With that said, Target's Mossimo Juniors Skinny Colored Denims are worth mentioning. I tried a couple of pairs on in store, and decided to take 3 pairs home to think about. Note that Target online has 10 colors to choose from, much more than the store has to offer. However, I have to warn you that not every color is made up of the same material. Example: white denim is thicker and has more cotton, less polyester, than the colored ones.
1. Blue - The real color is much more saturated and bright than the pictures. In some lighting, it almost looks teal.
2. Lemon color - Very pretty yellow. As pants I'm not sure if I like it that much.
Which color do you prefer?
- 64% cotton, 33% polyester, 3% spandex
- Bright colors.
- Very decent fit. I was wearing the smallest size they carry - size 1. If you are smaller than me, I suggest that you try them on still. The fabric is very stretchy, and may work for you as well. The yellow and blue ones do feel a little tight on the waist.
- Reasonable price. For $22.99, these pants are fairly cheap. Targets runs 20% off sales online all the time. I might consider buying them online if I do spot one.
- Stretchy material. Comfortable.
- Very low rise. It doesn't bother me that much, but might do for some.
- 32 inch inseam - needs hemming for most. The material is relatively thin so it should not be hard to do a DIY.
On a different note, while I was in Target going through clearance section, I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted this Jason Wu for Target skirt in size 4. I bought it for my sister and couldn't resist the temptation to try it on. The waist for a size 4 is smaller than I thought - only 13.5 inches across. I might even fit in a size 2 without any alteration! Did I mention that I love this skirt? (retails $29.99).