Sunday, March 4, 2012

Review: Target Mossimo Juniors Skinny Colored Denim + Jason Wu skirt

Colored denim or colored pants are so in this season that it's hard not to notice all the bright neon colors that are popping up everywhere.  My personal take on it is that it'll come and go in one or two season, and the next rotation will be anther 7-10 years. In other words, it's not a fashion trend that will stay here forever. However I very much adore the bright happy colors that will instantaneously lift up my spirit. My only rule to purchasing trendy items is to spend a little as I can. Even though the items don't have to last a long time, I do make sure that I don't sacrifice comfort due to cheap materials. With that said, Target's Mossimo Juniors Skinny Colored Denims are worth mentioning. I tried a couple of pairs on in store, and decided to take 3 pairs home to think about. Note that Target online has 10 colors to choose from, much more than the store has to offer. However, I have to warn you that not every color is made up of the same material. Example: white denim is thicker and has more cotton, less polyester, than the colored ones.

1. Blue - The real color is much more saturated and bright than the pictures. In some lighting, it almost looks teal.

2. Lemon color - Very pretty yellow. As pants I'm not sure if I like it that much.
 3. Pink (reddish) -My favorite of the 3. Bright pinkish red color.
Which color do you prefer? 

MATERIAL:

  • 64% cotton, 33% polyester, 3% spandex

PROS:
  • Bright colors.
  • Very decent fit. I was wearing the smallest size they carry - size 1. If you are smaller than me, I suggest that you try them on still. The fabric is very stretchy, and may work for you as well. The yellow and blue ones do feel a little tight on the waist.
  • Reasonable price. For $22.99, these pants are fairly cheap. Targets runs 20% off sales online all the time.  I might consider buying them online if I do spot one. 
  • Stretchy material. Comfortable.

CONS:
  • Very low rise. It doesn't bother me that much, but might do for some.
  • 32 inch inseam - needs hemming for most. The material is relatively thin so it should not be hard to do a DIY.

On a different note, while I was in Target going through clearance section, I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted this Jason Wu for Target skirt in size 4. I bought it for my sister and couldn't resist the temptation to try it on. The waist for a size 4 is smaller than I thought - only 13.5 inches across. I might even fit in a size 2 without any alteration! Did I mention that I love this skirt? (retails $29.99).


29 comments:

  1. The jeans are so affordable! I like the yellow, then red, then blue. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessy! Now you made me want to keep the yellow too. lol

      Delete
  2. All the bright-colored denims are indeed everywhere. I like the red on you best. Blue is my second favorite. Think so many tops can go with the red. I love the Jason Wu skirt. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, same here. :) Love the pinkish red.

      Delete
  3. I love the blue ones on you! I'm not too sure on the yellow ones either. The skirt is pretty too! I really need to visit my local target soon! Oh, and I actually love the pumps you are wearing! Are those new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Olyvia. The pumps are a little over a month old. Here's a post:
      http://vickysdailyfashion.blogspot.com/2012/01/miu-miu-pumps.html

      Delete
  4. I love the red colored jeans, I've been wanting some like this for quite awhile. I may just have to go by Target...thanks for the review :) New follower here, hope you can stop by and visit soon.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my fave on you and can you see you wearing the most are the red colored jeans.

    I don't know how earth you fit that skirt- I tried on the 2 and it was ginormous! Glad you love it and found one after all this time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a clip on in the bag, Annie. :) It won't work on me. I got it for my sister. :)

      Delete
  6. I have this skirt! No clue how to style it though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I'm surprised you got the skirt too. It's so similar to the dress you got. I love the dress on you, Tina. If by any chance you decide not to keep the skirt, I get first dib!

      Delete
    2. I have the size 2 and I'm also surprised you could fit a size 4! I will definitely let you know Vicky.

      Delete
  7. I tried these jeans on last month at Target but they didn't fit me well. They look a lot better on you than on me. I vote for the yellow ones. Couldn't believe JW stuff are on clearance already. I guess I have to make a trip to Target soon =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sydney, JW stuff is still full price. I realized how I gave you the wrong impression. Sorry. :( It was sitting at a random spot near clearance section.

      Delete
  8. the jason wu skirt is cute! and ooh love the blue! i think it's blue, red than yellow for me on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to say of the three colors, red is probably the one that's the most versatile - so that gets my vote. The yellow really pretty but I think it'd be more pairable if the color is a few shades lighter.

    Thanks for the JW heads up! Time to see if I can find any at my store :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the blue pants on you and that's awesome that you got a Jason Wu skirt. I stayed up all night and scored some great pieces and both clutches. I love my items. The skirt looks great on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like them all with the gingham blouse. for me, it's a toss-up between the blue and the yellow, but I'm biased because I'm not much of a fan of red.

    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the skirt on you Vicky! To be honest I'm not feeling the jeans - could be just the pictures but my eyes are drawn to the bunching at the crotch area! I think the rest of the jeans including the legs and the back side fit you nicely though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, Elaine, the bunching was done on purpose by the jegging maker. :) It's got the bunching creases even when the pants are hanging there.

      Delete
  13. I like the red, then the blue ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those jeans look great on you! When I tried them on, I felt like they were strangling my limbs! And I was trying on a size 9. I normally wear a size 6, but even the 9 was too tight on me. It was the right length however. I didn't even know they were juniors. I just saw in hanging in the Women's section.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those jeans aren't very flattering.. There's a serious case of camel toe :/ cute skirt though

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your pumps, but please return those jeans. As two others have already mentioned, the jeans are far too tight around the crotch area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your opinion and taking the time to comment. This is what I like about blogging. After reading these comments, and relooked at the pictures, I returned all 3 pairs this weekend.

      Delete
    2. I´ve been reading your blog for more than a year now but I´ve always been a a silent reader. I hope I didn´t disencourage you in anyway, because I really do find you have a good taste and you have even inspired me what to wear in daily life. Which I´m very thankful for=)

      Delete
    3. I value honest opinions. (I don't always have to agree though. :)) I've learned in my life that true friends will tell you the truth, not what you like to hear. I have learned so much after I started blogging from blogger friends and readers like you. You haven't discouraged me in anyways, so don't worry about it. Hope to see your comments more often.

      Delete
  17. How hilarious....I recently did a blog post about the exact same skirt! I love how you styled it...never would have thought about pairing it with black. Seeing as I own the skirt, I will have to try that. I am a newcomer to your blog, but I will definitely be back! Thank you Vicky! :)

    via
    www.bloomingintechnicolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know this is an old post. But I wanted to mention that I got the Mossimo skinny *crop* denim in light blue and it is perfect as an ankle-length for petites (I'm 5'2). No hemming needed! There are 4 other colors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...