Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Orangy Red and Faux Leather

I think this is one of the few cases when I wear a piece of clothing I buy the very next day. I just couldn't wait. I scored this bright silky blouse from Ann Taylor yesterday for $9.88 (orig. $98) when I made a quick stop to the store to return a few items that didn't work out. The picture doesn't show it but there is a subtle pebbly pattern on the shirt and it's very pretty and unique.  I see it very easy to style - it goes with black skinnies, pencil skirts, mini skirts, and in the summer, white shorts with a skinny belt - endless possibilities.  For those who wonder, I am wearing a size 2P (I'm usually a 00P for AT tops.) It works fairly well as a casual flowy blouse, as opposed to a more fitted formal look that I think this blouse was meant to be. I put it against my H&M camp shirt in size 2, and they are almost exactly the same on should width and armpit to armpit width, but this shirt is shorter in length.
Outfit Details:
Ann Taylor blouse 
Express faux leather leggings
Ann Taylor platform pumps
H&M jacket
Loft necklace
Chanel M/L flap

Have a great week - only 2 days to go to the weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Jealous about your score! It's a gorgeous color- I've seen it IRL but never had my size. Is it a 00P?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind- just re-read your post! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great score, Vicky! The color looks great on you. I tried on a pair of faux leggings the other day and they looked horrible on me =) I can't wait for the weekend, either (especially when it's so nice out). Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine you looking horrible in anything, Sydney. It must be the legging's fault. Try another pair. =)
      Apparently we'll be having some warm weather in the weekend. So looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. Dang!! Hot mama in those pants!! And great price on that blouse! Very jealous! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit!! Very classy! I follow you>Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following. I love your style and blog and I am following back. :)

      Delete
  6. This idea seems to be very useful and convenient! Thanks a lot for sharing this post, Thanks for sharing, Hope you would share further detail about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading your blog for about a year now. This is one of my favorite outfits on you! You look chic, elegant, and beautiful - actually, European. The red color is amazing on you. You should get your colors done if you have not done so already. I am guessing that you might be a winter. Again, you look just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your compliment. I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  8. that is one hell of a discount! hahaha it looks fabulous on you! great pop of color and i love your leather leggings.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is a HOT outfit, I love it Vicky! I love seeing you in those faux leather pants, I usually see them in really edgy outfits that are just not me but you made them look so classy that now I'm wondering if I could pull them off too! And CRAZY discount on that blouse, makes you think how much it was marked up in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen this kind of mark down for a very long time. It used to be everywhere in the boom days.
      You should definitely give the faux leather pants a chance. I have always been drawn to edgy stuff, and these leggings have been with me for years. :)

      Delete
  10. you look lovely Vicky! Love the color of that blouse on you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...