Friday, February 24, 2012

A Week In Outfits + H&M Jackets

Besides the tweedy outfit I wore on Wednesday, and had some outdoor photos taken, I have some more outfits to share this week - some of them I actually am very proud of.
Outfit 1:
This is the denim skirt I bought from Loft last weekend.  Remember I said it was roomy on the waist? Well, I "fixed" it by tucking a thick sweater. With that the belt is not even needed. It's there for the look, not for function. *buy here*. I love this new necklace I found from H&M last weekend. It's cute and versatile. A close up here.
Outfit 2: 
This is quite interesting as well. Everyone thought I was wearing a shirt and a skirt. But in fact I was wearing a dress and a shirt over it. I tied a knot with two corners of the shirt and used a wide belt to hide all the extra fabric. I was pretty pleased with myself now that I find another way to wear this dress. 

Both pumps are from Ann Taylor. I keep these two pairs at work so I can always change to them from boots. They are very comfortable and low enough for a whole day of wearing.
Outfit 3:
Chambray and tweed.
I can't get enough of tweed jackets these days. Wonder why. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On to a different subject. I want to share some nice looking jackets I found last week from H&M. With the 15% off coupon, these jackets are pretty decent in price - even the $50 one is a steal in my opinion.
  • Best deal of the pile. This jacket retails around $20. It's cropped and sleeves are just right. It runs very small. I had to size up to 4 to be comfortable.  Nicely made. Fully lined. I think H&M can easily price this jacket at $35 and still expect it to sell. 

  • This jacket is my favorite of the bunch. The material is silky and it drapes very nicely. Well made and highly recommend. If you are like me and work in an A/C building in the summer, I would recommend that you get it for a chic throw on to keep you warm in the building. This jacket actually comes with a belt - I didn't know it until I came home and found two belt loops on the side. I don't see myself belting this though, it kinda kills the drape. Retail price: $50. I'm wearing a size 2.

  • This jacket is thick and warm. It has a very beautiful camel color. It also comes in navy. Sleeves are too long for me but I love the color enough to overlook a lot of things. I would wear it as a coat in the spring or fall, over sweaters.  The sleeves are quite roomy if you don't layer. Retails around $40. I'm wearing a size 2.



Hope you all have a great weekend!

19 comments:

  1. great blazers!! hopefully my store carries them, they look perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Good luck on finding them. :)

      Delete
  2. My favorite is the first outfit, who knew you could tuck a sweater into a too-roomy skirt and make it work so nicely! I have to take advantage of the 15% discount and make a trip to H&M ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also bought that $20 HM jacket, but the problem I have with it is, that the sleeves are too roomy!

    The sleeves look roomy on you as well, does it bother you?

    I'm not sure if I should return it, alter it, or leave it. How do you feel about the fit of the sleeves on the $20 HM jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. The sleeves are wider than what I'm used to. But it doesn't bother me at all. If it bothers you, then you should either consider altering (I am not an expert on that, since I don't have a tailor.) if it's not too expensive. Otherwise, return. If it's not perfect, you won't wear it. $20 is still too expensive. Good luck on the jacket. Hope you find a solution.

      Delete
  4. I like all the outfits and especially love the first two! Where is the white sweater from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The white sweater is a very old Casual Corner. :)

      Delete
  5. Great outfits! I love that drapey jacket....and I'm going to buy that bird necklace!

    XOXO, Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first outfits with the pencil skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the white sweater & blue skirt is my favorite.

    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you wore that dress as a skirt! Great round up of outfits

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like all your outfits Vicky- very chic and everything I would wear:)

    Great finds at H&M. The collarless blazer reminds me of mine but longer. I saw that last week. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also recently bought several blazers from H&M...love the ones you came home with.

    And I really enjoy your outfit series, I love that they are all so chic but perfectly functional. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love outfit no. 3 ! You look great dear :)
    www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicky!! I love all three of your outfits! I never thought to tuck in a sweater into a skirt, I have a denim skirt that is too big too...maybe this will work? And brilliant with the wide belt to make the dress look like a skirt. I think I saw that on Cee and Jessy and have always wanted to try it. I love your casual look too, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Casual Corner. That's a flashback! I think they are all out of business where we are. I love that outfit. I saw a couple of those jackets at H&M, but didn't try them out. You look cute in them. The caramel one reminds me of the Majesty peacoat from J Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of cool outfits. And actually wearable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...