Friday, February 10, 2012

OOTD: Tweed and Sequins

This is the outfit I was wearing when the state trooper pulled me over and slapped a $250 citation in my hand. It was a beautiful day, and this dude was so eager to ruin everyone's day that he went right back to his laser gun shooting when I was still reading his scribbles on the little piece of paper - 70 mph on a 45 road. It was highway 290. Since when did highway 290 go down to 45 mph? "Hahahahahah..." That was Bryan's reaction when I called to tell him my misfortune. FYI, Bryan just got a $200 speeding ticket (first ticket ever in his lifetime!) and was pretty upset since he was going downhill on the way home from a ski trip at 10PM with no other cars around him. Downhill is always tricky because if you are not careful you are bound to speed. I asked him why he was so happy to hear my misfortune, he said "It's just too funny! How much is it?" "$250." "You beat me again?!" "I have to win on everything! You should know that." Somehow after this conversation, I wasn't so caught up with the fine any more. 
Outfit Details:
Banana Republic tweed sweater (xxsp, from last season)
Loft sequins skirt (00P, last year, very similar to AT version, but much cheaper. LOVE!)
Via Spiga boots (last worn here)
Chanel M/L flap

PS. I finally put my Red Lambskin Chanel purse on Ebay.Less than two days left. Wish me luck.
Also, I'm also selling this Diane Von Furstenberg Suede Clog in size 6

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous in every sense. Love the combo of sequins and tweed. You look stunning Vicky! Btw- miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention how hilarious your story about your ticket was- classic...just classic. You and Bryan competing over a speeding ticket....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man do I hate getting a ticket! I always feel like the money could have been put to better use at JCrew....Lol I love that you guys made a game of it though, that's totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, how come we think alike? That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the $250 number - what I could've gotten with it in clothing and bags. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh I would have bawled! I've never gotten a ticket. I don't know what I would do! Unless, of course, I looked as fabulous as you. Then I would just be too fabulous to be upset.

    XOXO, Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are toooooo sweet, Lindsey! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  5. You look amazing in this post. Sorry about the ticket.
    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh sorry about the ticket! Bf & I have gotten 2 parking tickets and a speeding one before. We have excuses for all of them!! LOL

    Anyway - loveee this outfit. One of my faves so far. heheh Sequins, colour palette, Chanel... perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessy. Did you fight the speeding ticket in court?

      Delete
  7. Ouch sorry to hear about your ticket. You look amazing in sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how slim fitting this tweed sweater is on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I shrank it in the washer, that's why. lol.

      Delete
  9. That totally sucks about the ticket! At least you are able to joke about it :) Love that sparkly skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I see that bag, I'm overcome with envy.
    Your ticket story is hilarious, so much that I repeated it to my boyfriend. haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man I hate speeding tickets! I've only ever had one in my life and it was also going downhill! They are so tricky!!!! You look fantastic Vicky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...