Saturday, February 4, 2012

花仙子- My Childhood Love

I'm currently reliving my childhood by watching this Japanese Anime with my kids. When my parents asked me what I wanted them to bring back from China, I asked for two things. One of them was this cartoon series that I was obsessed with when I was a child. I remember how much I loved the theme song, and the pretty pretty outfits "Xiao Pei" - the flower fairy changed into with the help of her flower key.  The story is about the journey that Xiao Pei went through to find the "seven-colored flower". On her journey, there was a handsome prince who would always appear when she needed help.  Watching this series takes me back to the memory lane, and allow me to go back to my childhood.

Don't you just love her cute red dress, and matching red boots? She's in this outfit majority of the time, but every episode will use her flower key to change to a different outfit for a little while for different reasons.  And Mi-mi, the cat is beyond cute.



Do you have a movie or TV series that you wouldn't mind watching again to relive your childhood?

6 comments:

  1. Cute! I love her outfit and her animal companions! :)

    I was obsessed with Sailor Moon starting in 7th grade when I first was dubbed in the U.S. My parents would take me to Chinatown on Sundays and give me $5 to spend on Sailor Moon posters, stickers, or whatever else I could get my hands on! I still have every single thing I have bought saved in a special box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Anime! My favorite cartoon character from Asia as a kid was Doraemon :) I am actually not familiar with Xiao Pei but will have to look it up! Her little red dress is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of remotely remember your favorite cartoon. Maybe if I look up it up in youtube and listen to the theme song, I'd remember. I love Doraemon when I was growing up.

    http://mui28.blogspot. com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love Anime to this day. My favorite anime is Fushigi Yuugi which is not really a kid anime. I think it was mention for teens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL that's awesome :) I was never into anime, but I would love to re-live my days pretending to be wonder woman fighting bad guys :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky! That looks familiar. I'm not sure, but I may have watched that before when I used to live in China (?). I loved Sailor Moon as a kid, and before that Power Rangers. Then I watched Full House everyday, then it was Friends. I recently got all 10 seasons of Friends and I still love it!
    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...