Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fitting Room: 2012 LOFT Spring New Arrivals

Loft is having a 30% off the whole store sale right now, and with 2 $25 rewards cards for every $50 purchase, the prices are right. I haven't stepped into a Loft for a long time. Their winter selections have been bleh for me, so I was pleasantly surprised at their cute spring pieces.  The whole store was filled with bright yellow, neon, green, red, blue; and lots of lots of patters - stripes, snakeskin, you name it. Between yesterday and today I scored a grand total of 6 rewards card, and I know exactly what I'll be getting with them when the time comes. hope they still have my sizes left.

Here are some fitting room pictures.

First, shopping outfit - Abercrombie gingham shirt, H&M pants, Via Spiga boots (so comfy that I wear them to the mall), Loft sweater, Ann Taylor belt. 

1. Painter Stripe Boatneck Tee ($54.50, pxs) and Polished Denim Pencil Skirt ($49.5 00P)
The Tee is a casual non-fitted top. Very flowy, feminine and pretty. A little pricey. Purchased to mull over.
The denim skirt is a great dark chambray color that I've been looking for since last year. So even though it was a bit roomy on the waist, I brought it home. I plan to belt it.

2.  Vintage Stripe Shift Dress ($79.5 - L: size 0, R: size 0P)
 This dress is one of my favorite of all the Loft finds. I prefer the belted look. I took the 0P home because 00P is a bit tight on the arm hole opening.

3. Snake Print Colorblock Sweater Dress ($89.5 size xxsp)
Fits very well. But no thanks. Too much snake skin for my liking.

I'm outrageous!!! While I was finding the link to this dress, I realized that the same dress in petite sizes is $10 more than the regular and tall sizes. Speechless. What the heck, LOFT?
The dress is very flattering in person. I love how it makes my drumstick arms actually look semi-feminine. This was one of the pieces that I was planning on purchasing with my rewards card.  

5. Rugby Stripe Sweater Dress ($44.99 size 00P)
This dress had so much potential, but was just way too big and long on me. The material is also a bit see through, so I passed on this one. See it on Annie here.

6. A-Line skirts with front pockets - I can't find this skirt online, and can't remember exactly how much it cost. prob. around $50-60.
I like the color and the shape. Not in love with the two pockets. The bottom hem also looks questionable. Passed. 

The concludes my fitting room picture sharing. I also ended up getting this Textural Stitch 3/4 Sleeve Sweater Jacket in xsp. See it on Annie. I encourage you to try this jacket on, because it may surprise you like it did to me. :) 

Lastly I wanted to share with you a jacket I almost kept but returned thanks to this outfit picture - Marled Sweater Jacket in xxs (purple marl). The purple marl color of this jacket only comes in regular sizes. So I ordered an XXS to try on. I like the color a lot. After receiving it, I was excited that it was not too long and it even fit me decently. I decided to take an outfit picture to decide its final fate. Oh the horror ... drumstick arms!
I ended up laying this sweater jacket against the Old Navy one in XS and found out that the arms are 1.5 inches wider than the ON one. Back to the store it went. 

Have you shopped at Loft this weekend? What did you score? Please share. I also was looking high and low for the scarf on this model but was told that it was sold out in store. I couldn't find it online either. Anyone saw it?
Update: I found the scarf through style finder and received it in the mail today. Love it!!!

21 comments:

  1. Did you see or try on the jacket/blazer I got? It's so adorable but still pricey. I'm waiting to pair it with my green AT skirt!

    I'll keep you posted on my shrinking adventure on the sweater dress:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I not only saw and tried on the jacket, I brought it home. :)
      Can't wait to see it on you!

      Delete
  2. Glad you found some items!

    That scarf is gorgeous! It is like the dress you tried on but way less intense! I will keep an eye out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michelle. I was able to do a style finder today and the scarf is on its way to my home. I love style finder. :)

      Delete
  3. Great review post! The stripe dress with the cap sleeves is my fav - eat your heart out Mr Jason Wu! I have such a problem with my broad shoulders that the arms part is a lesser concern. That jacket doesn't look so bad at all but I guess everyone has their pet hates?
    Great choices Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, it does look a bit Jason Wu'ish, eh?
      Yah, I hate my arms, they look terrible no matter what I do.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the reviews Vicky! Nothing I tried on from there seemed to fit me just right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, really? Did you see the cute scarves? They fly off the shelf like there's no tomorrow, but I was able to style find one. I love their spring selection.

      Delete
  5. That's too bad about the sweater jacket. From the angle in the pic I think it looks good and the pink makes it look so Chanelesque.

    Also, I'm not sure if it's just my computer but it seems like blogger or something is automatically linking some of the words in your entry to some bizarre links. For example, when you say "xxs" it's linked to this: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xxs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, I see those links as well, but I can't get rid of them. :(

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the review/ I stop by Loft but the selection was meh. The Petite Snakeskin Print 3/4 Sleeve Knit Dress looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hit 3 Loft stores near me and each one carried different selections. Some store are definitely better than others. Don't know how they decide which store to stock up on what.

      Delete
  7. It looks great! Hmm, Nice combination huh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice pictures, we don't have a Loft here so I always go to a Loft when I go to US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bummer that Loft still hasn't made it to Canada. I wonder what took so long...

      Delete
  9. Hi Vicky! I love that vintage stripe shift dress but I'll wait until it goes on sale... It's so cute that your daughter goes shopping with you and I bet she will become a fashionista like you when she grows up =)

    http://tinaseverydaystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Tina. My daughter loves shopping with me now. She's very sweet when offering me opinions and advice. :)

      Delete
  10. Fun pieces! I have always been a fan of LOFT's pants! They are great, haven't had a chance to check out the spring pieces but from what it looks like their is going to be a lot that I will like.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out. They have some very nice pieces out for Spring.

      Delete
  11. You look very chic in your outfits. & not to mention how fun! mother-daughter shopping.
    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...