Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tea Time at Special Teas

I wanted to take Jasmine to a English Tea place for a long time, but never did until today. I found this place in Northborough called Special Teas via a google search and saw a solid high ranking, so off we went this morning with high hopes. We got to the place around 11:45 am, and managed to be seated right away at a big table shared with a gentleman with his niece (for her birthday) at the other end of the table. They ran out of two seaters so if we wanted a table to ourselves, we had to wait for 45 minutes. It turned out to be not bad at all. The table was huge, we weren't bugging each other too much. The nice gentleman even offered to take a picture of us. As you can see in the picture, we were way too close to the lady behind us!!! 

Jasmine ordered a Smoked Turkey Scone and cleaned the plate in no time (I don't see her eat that fast very often, she's normally a nibbler.) I ordered a half chicken salad and half tomato soup. The salad was excellent, but I wasn't crazy about the tomato soup. We ordered half a pot of Green Chai and finished it all. I like the way they keep the tea hot.
The place is nice but not what I was looking for. The settings is too simple. My search continues for a true English Tea place with fancy china teapots and teacups. Any suggestions for the Boston Metro West area would be appreciated.  Also can we please have a cup of tea and a sandwich without waiting for 40 minutes?

My tea time outfit:
Cashmere Sweater from Macy's (old)
Tweed Skirt from Ann Taylor Factory Store (00P)
J.Crew Colletta coat (last season's, see review here)
Prada boots
Pearl necklace (gifted from sister)
Chanel M/L flap


22 comments:

  1. Very nice! Looks like you and Jasmine had a nice time. I enjoy looking at all the pictures! The tea looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a lovely treat! It's one of our fav things too. Jasmine looks so beautiful and sweet - hope you find the tea lounge of your dreams - plenty here in England :-) Love your coat and bag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Yes we had a very nice time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Envy! Take some pictures of your tea houses please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom has been getting me to drink tea too! She has a special orange tea mix she makes that's incredible. What a great mother/daughter activity!

    I have a winter white coat that I adore. It's such an elegant piece. And a Chanel bag is definitely on my Fashion Bucket Buy List.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Holidays Vicky! You and Jasmine looked like you enjoyed yourselves and the food looked amazing! Sorry to hear of the long wait for the food to arrive, but it looks like it was worth the wait.  So...I was thinking, if you really like those gucci boots, you want to trade?  I'd love to have your burgandy patent Chanel flap bag and you could have these mint condition boots...  Let me know...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could make this a fun monthly tradition...seek out a tea place! :)  Too bad you did not find your ideal spot!  That soup actually looks good...was it a cold tomato soup? I see either a lot of basil or parsley in it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have worn my white coat more than I could ever imagine. :) I have been alternating between this one and the trench this year. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, Nice try, Bessie! My patent red Chanel is never going to leave me, I'm afraid. :) 

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was actually a hot soup. It lacked substance, I think. Yes, basil and parsley I think. It's good in concept but bad in execution. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this tea place looks like so much fun!  it's too bad the soup wasn't good, but the sandwich does look tasty!  and i love the J. Crew jacket on you -- what a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Megan_LongLiveClassyDecember 29, 2011 at 11:32 PM

    My aunt and grandma took me a fancy tea place down here in AZ when I was younger... It was such an amazing experience! I'm sure Jasmine loved it! Good luck finding that perfect tea place. I'm sure there are tons of options in the Boston area. :) You looked great today as well! Have a happy new year, Vicky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vicky,
     I'm looking for the LC leaf ring but don't see it at kohls online. Did you bought at the store?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, it's sold out online. I got them in store.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love tea! Too bad it wasn't what you were looking for but it still looked yummy :) You and Jasmine are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loyal to Russian Tea Time in Chicago (not exactly Boston but keep it in mind when/if visiting). It's very prim and proper (and not English but thoroughly Russian) and is the kind of place you deserve to take your Chanel to.

    Have a happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww nothing is more special than a little bonding time. Is Jasmine your daughter? (she's adorable) I love little tea houses too. Everything looks so good and your white coat is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The food looks really yummy despite it not being as fancy as you hoped for. Especially that soup and salad, mmm. At first I thought you and cute Jasmine were eating in someone's home : ) I am curious if there are more places near you that offer what you are looking for. If not, well, you and Jasmine can always come into Boston! I heard the Boston Harbor Hotel offers the best afternoon tea with a spectacular view.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year!I have always wanted to take my daugher for a tea time. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The foods look good. Your daughter is beautiful. Good luck with your search. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely outfit and your white coat looks fab! happy 2012 Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like fun girls dayu out :) I recently went to high tea with 2 fellow Toronto bloggers at the Windsor Arms Hotel. There are a few places with High Tea that I didn't even know about. Perhaps that's more what you're looking for?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...