Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cold Weather Essentials: Chunky Wool Sweaters and Cashmere Scarves

First of all, thank you so much for the emails and comments regarding how to evict the squirrels in the attic. I placed an order for an ultrasonic device to see if they'd be driven away first before I use a trap. Wish me luck.

What would you put on in the morning when you wake up with an outdoor temperature below 15? Fahrenheit that is. I chose this thick, chunky, hand knit wool sweater I purchased during my New York trip a couple of years ago at J.Crew. Back then with a decent sale, this sweater ran about $40. Now? $225 original price on a sweater like this. Clothing prices have gone up more than food prices in the past 5 years. I layered a long sleeve shirt underneath because this type of sweaters usually are not tightly knit.  I reached for this cashmere scarf that I got as a Christmas present from my Mom last year. It's soft, cozy, and warm. Guys, this is plenty warm in my house but I decided to get these pictures taken outside because the lighting is just so much better. Not too bad for 5 minutes, but that's how long I lasted outside. :)
When I get too cold, I get silly.
J.Crew handknit cable wool sweater (xs, similar here, fair asle version here)
Ann Taylor Denim Zipper Leggings (00P, Enchanted wash, buy here, see knit version reviewed by Michelle.)
Zara suede messenger bag, worn as a clutch (sold out online, still in store. comes in 3 different colors)
Ann Taylor platform perfect pumps (sz 6, buy here)
Swarovski snake ring
Kenneth Cole stone necklace

Hope you have a great weekend!!!

24 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the squirrels!  I like the green suede clutch, and did see that at Zara yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vicky-- great outfit. i love the pop of green with the scarf and purse!
    those pants look exactly like the knit version that michelle reviewed. i'd never have guessed they were denim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love that green on you so much!

    You are making me want to keep those AT pants!!!  They are still hanging out in my closet waiting to be returned on Monday...but now I may wait. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if the denim is less clingy than my knit...I assume so? Vicky - does the denim collect a lot of lint?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the green accessories stand out. What a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The denim version has 98% cotton and 2% Elastane. I wore it for a day and didn't notice any more lint than usual. The knit version has nylon, modal, and spandex, all lint collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stripes Vicky!  Green was the perfect accent color to this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, Vicky! I did a double take when I read "J.Crew" because I thought for sure you were wearing this Gap sweater: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=870996&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D1%26ved%3D0CHEQFjAA%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.gap.com%252Fproducts%252Fstriped-cable-sweater-P870996.jsp%26ei%3DHZDuTpOqL8X20gGO-vTfCQ%26usg%3DAFQjCNFmoU9QPAccqy9Swc-wOkPSrrldjg  (whoops, sorry for the ridiculously long link). I love this pairing with the green scarf, necklace and clutch. One of my favorites from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Jean. I have to link it. That is too similar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Megan_LongLiveClassyDecember 18, 2011 at 10:29 PM

    I love the green against the black and white! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol, I had to add some color, because hubby called this outfit "Skunk Outfit" when I didn't add the color on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love how you tie your scarfs they look so cute on you... Grreat combination....

    Milena

    www.milenalovesthis.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love the chunky sweater! It looks so cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this cozy sweater. The scarf and clutch are eye-candies!

    http://littlebellring.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Zara clutch is gorgeous! And you look fab in stripes. you're an engineer w  great taste:) just found your blog and I'm a follower now.



















    Stop by 4scarlet.com, say hi and follow back if you feel
    like it!:) XO


     


    real budget, real busy, real body fashion:


    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. cableknit sweaters are the best!!! love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the green accents...very cute outfit Vicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this black and white with pops of green!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Online store for Cashmere Sweaters, Cashmere Robes, Cashmere Coats, Pashmina, Cashmere Throws, Cashmere Blankets, Cashmere Scarf, Cashmere Accessories and Cashmere Scarves at cashmereboutique

    ReplyDelete
  20. A cold killer cashmere sweater. Looks good and matched outfits.
    White + Warren

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...