Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Pre-Black-Friday Shopping Report

Update: Make sure you get a list of sales here before you go to the outlet tonight. Stay warm, and be safe.

Hey guys! I went to the Outlet Mall today to look for Christmas gifts for family members and friends. I did that today so that I don't need to get sucked in to the Black Friday Madness. I decided to stay in the warm bed as long as possible on Friday and play Wii with the kids. (That's the plan now, and the plan gets changed 369 million times a day, so don't think too much of it.)  Since I went out to the what seemed like the haunted house (yes it was eerie because there wasn't many people there, and the Coach store didn't have a line outside, that was just unheard of!) and parked at the closest spot I could get. I'd like to share some fitting room pictures in case you plan to venture out there midnight Friday.

Ann Taylor Factory Store
The whole store was 40% off.  (If you have AAA membership, don't forget to get your free VIP coupon book, and get extra 15% off on $100 or more. This is stackable with the 40% off sale.) The cashier lady told me that they weren't sure if this was it for Black Friday or they were going to change sales. "They won't tell us till tomorrow." she told me. I think they are running some pre-sale gauge consumer response. If it doesn't sell well, they might run a sweeter deal? We'll see. To my astonishment I actually found something very nice there.

Tweed Skirt - It's very pretty in person, I'll let the picture do the talking. It's high quality and nicely made. Retails $69.99 , with 40% off the skirt is about $42. I was trying on a size 0P, hence the arm in the back, before I miraculously found a 00P hanging out at the regular sized section. The 00P fits me very nicely.
Just look at the details of the tweed, isn't it amazing?
Pinkish/Blush Top - The color of this top is very pretty. It has an interesting layered front, and knit back. It comes in a lot of colors, but this one is my favorite.
 Remember you can call the store and use the tag item number to let them track down the item and ship it to you if you can't find the sizes that you want.

Theory
Theory will be running a black Friday sale for extra 25% off sales items. The promotion was not on when I was there and they won't allow holding or presale. I did try this one and only size 00 black leather jacket on just for fun (the leather is soft and supple and the jacket is on the thin side - more like an early fall, late spring type jacket).  This jacket retails $860 (approximately), and was on sale for $220. Not a bad price if you can get it for 25% off. :)

Banana Republic 
Whole store was 40% off, but I didn't get anything for myself.

Ted Baker 
I have never been to this store, and decided to give it a shot today. I tried on a gray leather jacket (size 0) and couldn't get the two sides of the zippers to touch each other (when I pulled the hardest, the two sides were still 1 inch apart) - I'm not kidding. They really run small. Funny thing is they are not for shorties like me, so this jacket will have to fit a 90 pound girl that's 5'6" and above. Good luck Ted Baker!
How cool is this fitting room!!!
Um, I need to lose 20 pounds!
Cole Haan
They had a 50% off everything in the store sale. But guess what? They removed all the stickers on their items (the price on the stickers are usually 20% off retail), and used retail prices as the base price instead. So you are really getting a 40% off sale at best.  Still love their leather goods. Bought a wallet for Bryan and hoping that "it doesn't work" and it'll be mine. lol.

Bloomingdale's outlet
Newly opened store in Wrentham, located next to the Restoration Hardware. I had to check it out. Nothing exciting but found this Theory sweater on sale. The whole store is currently running an extra 15% off sale.

Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. Lol! about the wallet!!

    That Theory leather jacket is amazing! Ahh!!

    Thanks for the reviews!

    A Happy Thanksgiving to your family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually trying to plan a trip to Boston for Thanksgiving but didn't work out.  Looks like I'm missing out!!  Hope you and  your family have a good long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lor. If you are ever in town, make sure to drop me note. I would love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to your family too, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I can find that skirt! That is so ME! LOL Thanks for posting these- super helpful since I can't go shopping! *Tears*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan_LongLiveClassyNovember 24, 2011 at 12:43 PM

    Just reading this is getting me excited for Black Friday!! Mostly for the online sales though :).

    I LOVE that tweed skirt from AT... I want one!! 
    Thanks for sharing the reviews. :)

    Have a GREAT Thanksgiving, Miss Vicky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I love that pretty blouse you got and that Theory jacket fits you so well!   Tricky what Cole Hann is doing but it's still a great deal.  Have a great weekend Vicky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...