Friday, November 25, 2011

OOTD: Sweater Dress & Talbots Saddle Bag

Hi, everyone! How are you doing on Black Friday? Did you venture out last night? Or did you get out first thing this morning? As planned, I didn't join the madness. I did do some online damages though, stay tuned for that later. This morning, Tristan woke me up from my dreamland at 8 am and announced "Mommy I have no long sleeve shirts left!" I tumbled over to his room, half awake, rummaged through his dresser, and to my amazement found out that what he claimed was true. I cleared away some shirts and pants early last week that were way to small for him, so he was left with nothing to wear. My eyes lit up. This gave me absolute legit reason to go out shopping today! For his clothing, it is usually Old Navy.  Not too exciting, but since we have to make it to Old Navy, maybe we can drive a few blocks further and hit the mall?  Later on, when we did get to the mall, there were so many people there that we decided to leave as fast as we could.  He came home with 5 long sleeve tees totaling under $30.

This was what I wore on the trip.  The picture was taken at 4:30 pm. The sun had already set. (Isn't it amazing how short our days are nowadays?) It was a beautiful sunny day but I didn't get a chance for pictures before sundown.
 Outfit Details:
Loft sweater dress (old)
F21 legging
Express vest (old)
Ralph Lauren belt
Talbots Saddle bag in Brown Sugar (bought during 50% sale, thank you Jean, buy here, absolutely adore it!!!)
STEVEN for Steve Madden Bolerro boots (review here, buy here with 33% off Black Friday Special. These boots are very comfortable for walking so I reach for them often)
Amrita Singh ring

I love sweater dresses because you can style them so differently for different effect. See my post on how to wear a sweater dress for other pairing ideas.

I love sunset. It's so beautiful.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, spent time with family and friends, ate as much as I did and found great deals!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this bag - I've been waiting to see it modeled on someone! It looks fabulous on you :) Sorry to hear you were scared by the mall crowds...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Katherine. Did you get the bag?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't go shopping today at all and didn't buy anything online, either =) I've seen this bag in store last week and it was quite beautiful. The bag looks perfect on you, Vicky. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No shopping for you, Sydney? Wow! I still remember last year's Black Friday, you scored your Cole Haan riding boots from the outlet. Time flies. Have a great weekend yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan_LongLiveClassyNovember 26, 2011 at 12:07 PM

    I did some online damage too.. the sales were too good to pass up! I love your outfit. Everything about it just matches so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cozy outfit. Perfect for a day shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your leggings!  You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad Tristan has some shirts for the cold weather!

    I love seeing all the ways you styled this sweater dress...as you know I have this same one but in a different color. 

    I love your new Talbots bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red goes fantastic with gray - great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Vicky, I absolutely love this outfit! I have a sweater dress from last year that I haven't worn yet.  It was a gift but slightly big so I wasn't sure how to style it.  Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...