Saturday, November 12, 2011

OOTD: Boyfriend Blazer

My mother-in-law was visiting for the past few weeks, and I have taken her shopping a few times. Last weekend, after we successfully purchased a black winter wool coat for her, we were ready to go home. When we walked by Zara, I decided to go in and take a look. I was very glad to find this tweed jacket Jean blogged about in size small. However when I put it on, even though the fit was flawless, it just didn't look that outstanding. I decided to take it home with me and think about it. On the way to the register, I spotted this boyfriend blazer. Was I glad that I tried it on. It was all I wanted for a boyfriend blazer.  I searched for something like it for more than a year and I'm glad my search is finally over. So I put back the tweed jacket that I wasn't sure about and decided to get this boyfriend blazer instead. Mother-in-law was very sneaky. While I was take off the blazer, setting it down and putting my own jacket on, she snatched it quickly and said "I'm buying it!" Off she went to the checkout. So this is how I got my first Christmas present. :) Thank you, Mom! I know I would love it to piece. I already wore it twice this week, once to work with skirt and once today in a more casual way. I love its versatility and think every girl should own one. 
Are you wondering why I was laughing so hard? That's because my son was making silly faces at me. He's in a very silly stage right now and is a clown every day.

Outfit Details
Loft turtleneck
Gap legging jeans (sz 00p)
Zara boyfriend blazer (sz xs)
Jessica Simpson boots 
J.Crew scarf (my best scarf purchase ever)
Vintage Peri Cameo (gifted by Jean)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

20 comments:

  1. I love Zara blazers, even though I haven't found the right one for myself. There's always something off for me - pockets, buttons, or material. I'm so happy that you found your perfect bf blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U look fabulous! The BF fits and looks perfect on you! Love it with the riding boots:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit!  Your mother in law is so nice! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Vicky! I love it on you. Was it black or navy? I couldn't tell. Your MIL is so nice. I am glad you found your perfect blazer. It's perfect on you indeed.

    P.S: I am loving your scarf as well  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Annie. I'm loving tall boots this year. Wearing them ALL the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jessy. It's hard to find the perfect one. You have some nice ones already. I always drool over your blazers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same J. Crew scarf and I absolutely love it!!  I get compliments all the time on it. :D It really is one of the best! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!! You look amazing!! This is one of my favorites!

    That was so nice of your mother-in-law! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! It's so classic! Every girl really should have one. :)

    www.longliveclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute...it looks like it fits you perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww... what a sweet mother-in-law!!  And the fit looks perfect on you too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple, sleek, and elegant. Great find, and ever-so-classic styled here with your tall boots and leopard scarf. Your sneaky MIL reminds me of how the Chinese fight over the food bill after a meal.

    Btw, I think I might have the same Missoni scarf you just bought! It's hard to tell because all of their prints blur together and look similar : )
     

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rites of Beauty BloggerNovember 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM

    This is the PERFECT boyfriend blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the blazer is PERFECT on you. It is very flattering. Nice mother-in-law by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredibly chic on you! Love everything about the blazer and your outift!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you are right. I did a side by side comparison. If they are not the same, there are very similar. 

    ReplyDelete
  17. What is the length of this blazer, from shoulder to hem? If you find the time to measure it would be so helpful to me.

    It looks so great on you, and I'm your height, and I'm wondering what length I should order. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the top of the collar, I measured 25 inches. From the bottom of the collar, it's 24 inches. Good luck finding your blazer.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...