Friday, November 11, 2011

Copy Cat: Tweed and Chanel

After seeing Jean's post yesterday, I couldn't wait to pull out my Banana Republic version and styled it the way she did. I bought it in the summer, and styled it with a pair of shorts here. I also wore it several times with dresses and skirts, but NEVER with pants. So here we are: same wrinkly pants from H&M only in Navy (I also own Mustard color but I feel the Navy one works better with my jacket); feminine white silk blouse, pumps, and Chanel purse. (I don't own a black caviar flap, but if I'm lucky I might get my hands on one soon. Wish me luck.)  It was very windy and chilly today and poor Jasmine was dragged outside by me to take these pictures. To reward her, I took her outfit pictures as well and will show it at the end of the post.
Outfit Details:
Loft blouse (old)
Banana Republic Tweed Jacket
H&M pants
Ann Taylor platform perfect pumps
Chanel m/l flap
Jasmine's Outfit Details:
Children's Place turtle neck
Missoni for Target Tunic
F21 Feather Earrings (her new favorite)
Gap tights

I hoped to take advantage of the Loft super 40% off F&F sale today (buy $50 or more and get 2 $25 card for future use), but came back empty handed. There were very few petite items and most of the new arrivals are thick marled chunky sweaters. The materials were low quality, so I didn't even bother trying them on. I did however try this zip front faux fur vest on and it looked bulky and silly. They only have two sizes xs/s, and m/l. I think that's half of the problem.  One thing I did love was this zigzag scarf. I can't find it online but it is available in store for around $35. With 40% it's not a bad price. If you need a filler for your $50 purchase you might want to consider this one. 
Have you scored anything good from Loft recently?

15 comments:

  1. Love your tweed jacket!!  I didn't see that zig zag scarf at my store...no fair lol  Your daughter's dress is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job styling this tweed jacket!!  and all the red leaves in the background are beautiful!

    cute & little   

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty and elegant in this outfit. Your girl looks adorable too!  Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!! I love that tunic on Jasmine!!

    Your tweed coat is gorgeous!

    Bummer that LOFT was a dud for you! :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tara. Really? I wonder if that's store specific as well. I hate when they do that and nothing online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kileen. Our burning bushes got slaughtered this year with the early snow, but still trying to be pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you so much. You have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I am thinking it might be this particular store though. I need to get to a bigger and better petite section mall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those H&M pants... I don't know why you and Jean don't like them! ;)

    Great outfits on both of you. :)

    www.longliveclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what both of you are wearing! Those zigzags look so good on your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, only Jean doesn't like them. I do. lol. That's why I bought 2 colors. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and Jasmine's outfits are so cute. 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jasmine looks lovely! I like the monochromatic shades of pink on her.

    I so wish my taupe Chanel was patent like your or caviar. I have been letting my taupe lambskin "out to play" more recently, but she is SO high maintenance. I baby her and am still facing so many issues like scratches, color transfer, loss of structure, color fading....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...