Sunday, October 16, 2011

REVIEW: STEVEN by Steve Madden Bolerro boots

I ordered these boots from endless.com during its 30% off sale. With a generous 7.5% ebates.com rebate, these boots ended up just under $130. Is it worth it? Let's see.


I am wearing a size 6 here. For reference, I am 5 feet tall. The boots hit me right under my knee cap. Since it has a dipped V shape both front and back, it makes these boots very friendly to petite women. The buckles are adjustable with 3 holes. I am using the tightest setting. It fits my legs very well. The boots are made of leather. It has a very pleasant leather smell, and it doesn't have the dreadful strong glue smell that comes with some of Steve Maddens boots (their Cablee boots had such a strong fuming odor that I had to put them in the garage before I returned them. They literally gave me a headache).  The leather is soft yet keeps its shape nicely. It is definitely not slouchy if you are looking for that look. Above all, it's got chunky heels that are around 2.5-3 inches tall which is perfect for walking (for me at least. I actually prefers a little heel than flat boots.) Overall it's a very nice looking, chic, casual tall boots that I would wear to work, and to the mall. :)  If I have to nitpick, it did have some stitches that scratched me, and I had to remove them with scissors. This just means these boots are not premium boots, but nowadays, the premium boots can run 3-5 times this price, so I guess I can't complain. (In general, I feel the quality of clothing and footwear over the years has gone down, and the price has gone up, significantly, more than the inflation.)

All the small sizes are gone from endless.com. If you are still interested, the Steve Madden website has more sizes available. When this review was written, they still had sizes from 5.5 to 10. 

Don't forget to enter for the Allison Izu Jeans Giveaway. Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Vicky!! I think they look great on u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots seem to fit you well and certainly are great for walking. Looking at these photos, the leather somehow looks like suede to me. Steve Madden can be a hit or miss for me. I am glad you found a pair of boots that you were looking for. Have a great week, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really cute...and I'm also in love with your outfit here!  I so want a leopard cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, Sidney. It does look like suede, but it's not. :) I love it for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to get a leopard cardi, Tara. It's a must-have! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. These boots are so pretty. I love the color of it and pairing it with those olive pants are such a great combination. Drooling over your leopard cardigan as well! Thanks for sharing.

    http://justtututiny.blogspot.com/
    Thu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really love the finish of these boots! I love the colour and the heel looks comfortable! You look great Vicky!

    besos,
    ML
    Bonjour, come say hello!
    Twenty York Street
    http://www.twentyyork.com/2011/06/i-am-fashion-are-you.htmlhttp://www.twentyyork.com/2011/06/i-am-fashion-are-you.htmlTwenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  8. does not look like it fits you well, especially from the back. they look big on your legs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great boots:)kisses 

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...