Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Am Back

Hello, everyone! Sorry for the lengthy absence. I have never been this busy in my entire life (not that I can remember anyways.)  For the past few weeks, I worked, and worked, and worked. I didn't remember much about the weather, what happened in the world, or how my kids were doing. I even stopped painting my nails. Gasp! I know, my world has been revolving around work until last Thursday. Then after hitting our milestone, we were told to take the Friday and Monday off, and reconnect with our family and friends.  I spent the Friday sleeping and shopping. I spent the Saturday playing with the kids. I took Jasmine to ClayTime to paint. I played Toss Across with Tristan. Today I spent the whole day cleaning. I have one day left before I have to go back to work again, and I'll be spending it with my husband. Any suggestions of good movies?

My Friday shopping trip almost failed completely until I found this beauty at Marshall's after I left the mall. These Prada boots are amazingly comfortable even though the heels look sky high. The platform helps a lot.  
Since I don't have any new pictures to show you guys I will use a couple of old ones that didn't make it to the blog yet. These were a month old.
Loft T-shirt
Forever 21 skirt
Ann Taylor skinny belt
Clarks Mary Jane (similar here)
Marco Tagliaferri bag

My husband thinks his smiles look ugly in pictures, and I disagree with him. He needs a head shot for his presentation on Tuesday so I took a bunch of pictures. We narrowed it down to these two. (pre-cropped)
Obviously I prefer the one on the left, and he insisted that the one on the right is better. Which one do you prefer? This Gap chambray shirt is simply the best. I ordered this when I ordered my leggings. Can you believe it only cost me $21?

Thank you for reading my random babbles. Have a great week!

27 comments:

  1. I recommend What's Your Number? It's hilarious! :) I am loving your cute F21 skirt and the left picture of
    your husband is the better one lol.

    XoXo, Breehttp://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you!  Those boots are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, major score with those boots!  and i love the cute polka-dot skirt! 

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Vicky! The blogging world isn't the same w/out u! Lol

    Prada boots at Marshalls? Wow- major score! Did u end up getting them and will u get a lot of use out of them? :)

    Tell hubs- my vote is def the smiling pic! And please send him this message: your smile is NOT ugly so please stop saying that!! Lol he looks very friendly and approachable when he's smiling:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh btw- thanks for giving me a heart attack re: taupe Chanel...lol

    So relieved it's okay!!!! Whew!! * wiping sweat off forehead*

    ReplyDelete
  6. handsome hubby. pic on the left for sure. more warm and inviting, which is good for his seminar (?). the other photo....no....he should definitely smile. he's more charming with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, love your prada boots!! Such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and great boots, I forgot to say!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Wow those boots are so tall and yes agree with you about the smiling photo. Everyone looks better when smiling especially guys imo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Mary Jane shoes and wanted to buy a pair too. Can you tell me where you find it? Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I feel for you Vicky. Hopefully you'll find ways to stay sane during this hectic period at your work.

    Amazing score on thos boots! Can not wait to see you wearing them in ootds.

    I actually like the body positioning of the right headshot, but his smile in the left one. I suppose it depends on what the picture is for... most men use non-smiling shots so I don't know if he'd want to stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found mine at Clarks a few years ago. I just updated the post to include a link to a similar pair, hope you find it useful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. I agree with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw your Marc Jacob's today. OMG, what a beauty too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol. I know right? I was so paranoid, that I took it out of the box twice to re-examine it. I was near hysterical when it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I showed him your comment, Annie. Thank you!
    I did get the boots and will keep them. Outfit pictures coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ;) polka dots are so fun, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the recommendation. We ended up skipping the movies, and just went for coffee, lunch, and window shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Cee. Me too, I'll prob. need to put my dear blog in the back burner for a while. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you have a break now!  Same here...work, work, and more work!

    Love the mixing of the two blues!

    Marshall's has Prada boots!?!  Nice!

    Love your husband's chambray shirt!  I say the one on the right because his posture is better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Michelle! Haven't seen your update for a long while. I figured you must be busy. :)
    Yes, I was pleasantly surprised too.  I didn't expect quality Prada at Marshall's. :)
    Yay, he will be so happy to get a vote finally.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVEEEE that top and skirt. I'll have to find something similar and copy you. :) thanks for the inspiration.

    http://www.longliveclassy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vicky! I am so jealous of your new boots! REALLY jealous. How can I find out if my tjmaxx has a runway section? also, I started following you! I would love if you could check out my blog too! If you like the content it would be really great if you could follow me back!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...