Sunday, August 28, 2011

Target REDcard - You NEED one!

Hi everyone. Hope you are doing well. East coast people, hope Hurricane Irene have mercy on us all. I'm sitting here writing this post while the wind is gusting and the rain pouring outside my window. The irony is: Irene isn't even close to us yet. It's in New York coming up our way.

For those of you on twitter, you probably heard of the Boston blogger and reader meet up Friday night.  I had a blast! I was able to meet in person some of my favorite bloggers - Jean, Sydney, Ping, and Khatu. Because of human error (I forgot the memory card for my camera), I don't have any pictures I can share with you guys, but I'm sure you'll be able to see some in their blogs soon.

One topic that came up during our meet up was the Target REDcard. I was surprised to find out that many people didn't really know what the REDcard can do for them. So I'd like to share with you. The REDcard is like any store credit card and it can only be used in Target stores or target.com. Best part is that when you use your REDcard to pay for your purchases, the total is automatically reduced by 5%, on every purchase.  So it's not a rebate card, it's instant savings.  I got one as soon as the program started a few months ago and carried the card with me in my wallet everyday.  I get most of my household stuff and back to school items from Target, and occasionally I do get some clothes for the kids and shoes for myself. This instant no brainer, no effort savings is a must-have in my opinion. Who doesn't shop in Target right?
Talking about Target, I recently tried on and fell in love with this Mossimo Khadeja Suede Bootie in Taupe. It's true to size, real suede, very comfortable, and reasonable in price $29.99.  Target often runs a 20% off for over $75 online if you want to wait for even lower price.
The booties come in pink, blue, and black as well online.

A friend living in the same town just called and reported that they lost power. So I'm going to publish this post before our power is lost as well. Hope you all stay dry and safe.

Update: Some pictures my daughter took of me with the Target booties and Forever 21 Suede skirt.






21 comments:

  1. OMG what a bummer about your memory card! Oh Vicky! LOL Any pics w/the booties on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and had no idea about the red card! Thank you for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to get the card the next time I go. We always stop by Target "just" for paper towels or something and end up with a cart full of groceries and stuff for an average of $40-$50. The instant discount is almost unheard of. THanks for sharing! And oh, I looked through my camera...only about 10 photos from the meetup taken by Nick! Most of them are secret shots taken of the table where you can't see most people. We'll have to rely on Khatu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of getting a Red card myself! I ALWAYS go to Target =P That is a great bootie! Stay safe today =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently bought those booties and can't wait for the cooler weather to bust them out.  They are super cute and I love the taupe color.  Let me know if you end up getting them. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Per your request, I had Jasmine take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome. I had no idea that not a lot of people know about it. So figured I'd spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sydney's camera has some too. I hope some turned out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I did. And I just up-loaded some pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those booties are really cute...I'm sure you will get a ton of use out of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, cool beans!!  I was thinking about pairing mine with skirts and dresses too! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh so cute! I purchased the Clark's desert boot a few months back. As much as I love the tomboy look, they're a little bit too masculine on a petite frame, I think. This bootie has the perfect balance of femininity! I must go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Target but unfortunately I don't own a car since I live in the city and it is a 30 minute walk for me to get there!  This is an awesome card and I had no idea you could get 5% off instantly...   I may need to apply for this card when I go to Target on 9.13 when the Missoni line debuts and YES...I WILL WALK THERE! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, you are so funny! Bribe a friend to drive you there on the 13th. I am dying to check their Missoni line out myself.  

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the Clark's desert boot as well, but I think you are right, this Target version does look a little more "feminine", because it doesn't have the thick rim, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Tara. I'm hoping so...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much wonderful suede items! Are you paranoid and use protection before you wear these items out? I sprayed my Ugg boots when I initially got them, but am still paranoid so I only wear them on "nice" days.

    Stay safe Vicky <3 I hope Irene doesn't do too much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi vicky! it was very nice meeting you. i was looking forward to saturday night and hanging out more! you know i had a target card years ago, this offer must be new. it's definitely a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the suede skirt, wouldn't have known it was from F21. And your little photographer is so good at her job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. vicky, it was great meeting up! I'm so glad you wrote about this, I almost forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...