Saturday, August 6, 2011

REVIEW: Ann Taylor Petite Vintage Trench

Sold out in small sizes everywhere.
Material: 85% cotton, 11% Polyester, 4% Lastol (online says Elastane, not sure if it's the same thing)
Care: Machine Wash Cold, Tumble Dry Low (online says DRY CLEAN ONLY)
Color: Maple (IRL more camel and darker than online picture which has a pink tone) Very matte and pretty.
Weight: It's heavy. It almost feels like a winter coat to me. Maybe even warmer than some of my light weight wool coat. To me it's a bonus because I rarely wear outerwear until winter, due to my commute style. I walk from my house to the car in the garage which is shielded and then walk 50 feet from the parking lot to office. No nasty city commute for me. So I can use this trench throughout the winter.  For those of you looking for a lighter weight trench, this is not for you.
See how pretty the lining is! 
I'm absolutely in love with this trench! It's thick and warm, but not bulky. Beautiful color and style. (Not sure about the tab at the back slit, but it's easily removable.) The sleeve length is a bit too long for me, although in cold winter days when I have multiple layers underneath, the problem might not exist any more. Even now, it doesn't bother me especially when I scrunch them up.

Measurements for XXSP
Total center back length : 32"
Sleeve length: 23"
Chest width: 17"
Waist width: 17"
Bottom width (at the hem): 22"
Sleeve width: 6"


Measurements for XSP
Total center back length : 33"
Sleeve length: 23"
Chest width: 18"
Waist width: 18"
Bottom width (at the hem): 23"
Sleeve width: 6"

One thing I want to mention is that when you try winter coats on, make sure you wear clothes underneath that are more representative of what you will wear with the coat you try on. This will guarantee a better fit judgement. And yes, I have a thin cardigan underneath this trench for picture taking, and I was sweating bullets. Oh what I would do you, for my dear readers. :)

Also see Cee's review on this coat here.

29 comments:

  1. This is great on you! I'm such a fan of trenches. I love the reds with it. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for braving the heat for this review!  I linked to your post to my H&M trench review.  :p

    The bag is gorgeous!!  I saw it in the AT store yesterday and thought of you! :)  I love that you paired it with that pretty scarf! Sahara of Mix and Match just made a post with a scarf tied similarly. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved this trench on everyone that I've seen it on so far...it looks so well made, it really makes me want one, though I'm not in the marked for it!  I love it from the back, and especially love the lining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Michelle! I love the H&M trench you found. 
    The "pretty scarf" is from Talbot and I got it for $10 at its final clearance. Isn't it pretty? I don't know any other way to tie a scarf. I just tie two dead knots and that's it. Nothing fancy. Need to review Wendy's video again. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. :) Red is becoming my favorite color, again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's very well-made, Tara. They made this trench right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay I'm so glad this trench worked out for you! I didn't even notice that tab button in the back until you mentioned it, haha.

    The red satchel is darling -- the perfect size and proportion on you.

    PS - I hope Nancy and Nhung were able to get in touch with you for the extra trench in XS P :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked this on my iphone and now I've come to inspect the large photos on my computer. It looks great on you. Very classic, and I love the bold print inside. THe back button tab doesn't bother me ... I didn't take especial note until you pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this trench fits great on you!!  it's the perfect length and the sleeves don't seem too long to need alterations.  hopefully with some thicker clothes underneath it won't be a problem.  it looks especially beautiful with your new red purse too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this trench looks fabulous on you and it really fits you well!  I once purchased a burberry trench with a liner and that was officially the worst decision I ever made.  Yes, I could wear it for 3 seasons out of the year but I didn't like the overall fit!  I like the back button and think it gives it a more unique design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! I love the crispness of the jacket, hopefully since it's on the thick/ sturdy side those lines will stay like that. :]

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color of that trench.  And it fits you so well.  The detailing is so cute, especially the lining. 

    Complex Cardigans

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol, I'm surprised that no one saw the tab! :)
    Yes, both of them were able to contact me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, I passed the "PAG inspection". You know that's a huge accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Kileen. You are right, the sleeves are just tad longer than I wanted. But not long enough to need alteration. 

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the trench on you Vicky! Fits so nicely! If I was into coats and lived somewhere else- I def would have gotten this :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This trench coat looks very good on you. I love the color and style. The quality looks good too! Thanks for sharing. 

    ReplyDelete
  18. The back tab and button does it for me - I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute!!!


    xoxo from rome
    K:
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I know you were looking for a computer bag, did you ever find one after the other one broke? I'm looking for one myself. 

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a chic look Vicky!!!  I really love the trench, seems like it would be great for me :)  This is one of my favorite outfits by the way.  Casual, chic, elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nope. Still using my old one that is too small for the huge brick I'm using right now. But it works for now. Let me know if you find anything good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now that's a lining! Reminds of the classic Banana Republic camel trench coats!

    Love it on you V!

    besos,
    ML
    Bonjour, come say hello!
    Twenty York Street
    http://www.twentyyork.com/2011/06/i-am-fashion-are-you.html
    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  24. dont you love this jacket! i did a post about it, too and love it. i think the thickness is what makes it so much better than your everyday trench :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i've been hunting for a trench for some time but could never find one that fit at the shoulders, preferred sleeve length and length of the trench. Thanks for the suggestion!

    JEN

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Vicky
    LOVE this trench on you!

    Just wondering if you happen to still have the XSP trench kicking around that you might want to sell. I live in Canada and don't get Ann Taylor up here.

    If you were interested in selling the XSP or XXSP for that matter I could pay you via Paypal.
    Thanks and please let me know! My email is: Theresa_w@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa. Unfortunately I don't have the XSP any more. Another petite snatched it up very quickly. I am keeping the XXSP and it's currently my work horse in my closet. The BN one was returned a long time ago, so that's not available either. Sorry. :(
      I will definitely let you know if I see someone selling this or something similar. I know how difficult it is in Canada without AT and Loft for petites so you have my full sympathy.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...