Monday, August 15, 2011

Family Reunion - Branson MO (part I)

Happy Monday, everyone! While kids went back to the lake for a second round of tubing, I got a few spare moments to right up a quick post on my vacation.
We flew in to Branson airport yesterday via Atlanta.  First impression was very good. The airport lounge was quite different from the typical airport lounge you are familiar with. I felt like I entered a big theme mall.
We reserved a compact car for this trip from Enterprise, only to find out that they ran out of any small cars. So we ended up getting this one for the same price. 
Bryan was extremely excited to get it. I am not complaining except for getting in and out of the car. See how high it's raised? Imagine 5 foot tall little me trying to get into this monster without looking too ridiculous. Having a hard time imagine that? Well, my mother-in-law decided that it was so funny that she had to take some pictures. So we have images for you!
It is huge!
Trying to get into this thing is impossible without looking indecent.
From Branson

To make this more dramatic, Bryan added the parasol effect. (No he wouldn't do that for real.) 
From Branson
Bryan called out our nephew to help out. (The boy is such a good sports)
From Branson
Gotta go cook dinner. Tubing photos coming next! Kids had a blast.

Oh forgot to mention, the Sun umbrella is from Coolibar (my sun allergy savior) and the white SPF shirt is a Columbia outlet store steal from the girls clearance (size L, fits decent, only $9, SPF 30).

17 comments:

  1. LOL too cute Vicky! My friend has a huge SUV too and I pretty much just fall out of it!  Ridiculous!  That airport looked so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I shouldn't laugh because your sun allergy is serious...but I'm dying over the parasol and the "SPF shirt." That's the first time I've heard of such! I would love to have a huge car after I move outside the city. Only compact cars are allowed in our tiny underground garage. It may be funny getting in and out of, but you're higher up and safer than all the little cars on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Vicky!  Love your dress!

    I love the vibe at the airport! That would help calm me down a bit...I am a nervous flyer! :p

    Looking forward to more pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah, laughing over poor ol' Vicky's sun allergy is a crime! But I forgive you because even I think this is funny seeing the pictures - it's ridiculous, but I have to do this to survive. I never was aware of the "SPF shirt" and "SPF umbrella" until my friends told me of their existence just last week. After I looked it up in the internet, I immediately ordered it online and it arrived just in time for this trip. I have not broken out the beach shirt with hoodie with SPF 50 yet, but I'm sure I'll make use of the shirt quite a bit.
    I like SUV's just not trucks on risers. You almost need a stool to get on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm usually not that nervous about flying, but I hate flying. I don't like the air in the cabin. I'm super sensitive to all kinds of smell, and let me tell ya, the smell in an airplane is one of the worst I experience in normal life.  Almost makes me nauseated. 
    I will post some pictures of kids having fun in the lake later. Not much of me, because I was conveniently stuck in the cabin because of sun allergy. :( 
    Will try to do a bit of hiking tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun photos and I always have problems getting into tall trucks like that too! Brian is so funny with the parasol, lol. Can't wait to see some tubing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had fun!  Love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the car...truck...bus lol! I drove a Ford Explorer and was always soooo self conscious - I must be shorter than you are...can you imagine?
    Looks like you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Kileen. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Tubing pics coming soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The J.Crew dress is my favorite now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really, you drove a Ford Explorer? I guess it's not too bad, if you just have the standard one. Still, hard to imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. does this mean we get to see you in a bikini? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nah, you don't. :) I stayed out of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, that's good. i wouldn't wanna post pictures of me in a bathing suit online either! you never know about that type of thing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! It took a while for me to start but then I loved it - so incredibly easy to drive - had some adventures in it. I was Queen of the Road - other cars actually moved out of the way lol! [I am a safe driver with my 3 kids but a little too fast according to Mr CC but then he drives too slow :-)]

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so funny.  Good thing you wore wedges (and a fab dress, too by the way!).  Looks like you're happy and having fun while looking good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...