Saturday, July 23, 2011

Quebec City Photo Gallery

How is everyone? I hope you all had a great week and looking forward to the weekend? My week was mixed. I received 3 death announcement emails 3 days out of 5 working days last week, and they definitely put a damper on things. These emails also helped me put life into perspectives. We don't live forever.  On the plus side, I did take advantage of the J.Crew end of summer sale and bought myself a few summer colored cardigans. See Jean's post for details. The heat wave is finally coming to an end. It's thunder storming while I'm typing this up. Phew!

This post is long overdue, and so are a lot of things in my life. So here it is.

The day that we traveled from Montreal to Quebec City was a rainy day. After we checked into the hotel, we took a walk to the riverside.


This is the Fairmont Hotel by the River. It's beautiful and right by the river. I'm taking a mental note to stay there next time I visit.




The hotel we stayed at is called "Loews Hotel Le Concorde". I give it a 4.5-star rating. 
What I like: Great location, walking distance to old town Quebec; Grand entrance and hall, nice decor; Hotel rooms are nice and clean, bathrooms have big granite countertops, no odor whatsoever; huge windows overlooking the beautiful city; friendly staff; can't miss 360 degree revolving restaurant on the top floor.
What I wish they'd improve on: Elevator - worse elevator software I have ever encountered in my whole entire life. (probably hired some intern or whatever.) The genius engineer who designed the elevator decided to skip floors or reverse its direction on the way up or down and randomly open doors for no reason. You might not think it's a big deal, but if you are staying on the 12th floor and would like to take a quick morning walk before everyone else is up, you go out to the elevator and wait for 15 minutes before you totally give up and come back, now that's called a complete failure. When I checked out of the hotel, I made sure I told the staff that they really had to fix the elevators. They said they were doing that right now. We'll see. Oh and give us FREE INTERNET in room! I had to go down to the lobby to use their free internet, which makes my first point even more valid. It takes 15 mins just to go down to the lobby because of the stupid elevator. 

We really enjoyed the restaurant. Some pictures taken while up there. The restaurant makes a full circle in 90 minutes. 






I was enjoying my morning cup-o-joe at the sitting area in our hotel room.

 Walking in old town Quebec was a such a pleasant thing to do for me, but not so much for the kids. Wearing J.Crew Captain Cardigan in XS, Express shorts from last year, and Sak's crossbody.




The Citadelle de Quebec:
I asked Tristan pointing at the guard completely still,"If I told you he's real, would you believe me?" Answer: Nah!










The battle field garden right outside of our hotel.
 

 Isn't this mural impressive?

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your multiple losses. You are right, one of the few good things about it is that it reminds us to take a step back and appreciate things even more.

    The cross-body bag that you used for your trip is great!  I am really loving the outfit with the blue shorts!  The top is perfect for Canada! Loving all the scenery!  Old Town looks amazing!  The family photos are so cute!  :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am so sorry to hear that Vicky! How sad- hugs!!!!!

    I love the coffee pics and you and your family are adorable! Looks pretty awesome there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the bad news you got :(  You looked really cute on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Vicky..so sorry to hear about your week!

    Your photo diary is adorable! Looked like your family had a lot of fun in Quebec : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your week :( Looks like you and your family had a blast vacationing in Quebec. It's a beautiful city. Thanks for sharing with us =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, I'm sorry to hear about the somber side of your week. On the other hand, it looks like you and your family are enjoying life to the fullest : ) Thanks for sharing this lovely travel photo diary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear the sad news. Did you go to horseshoe pub on Friday?
    The  cross shoulder bag looks so stylish. I like your photoes. They remind me lots of sweet memories. Quebec city is such a pleasure place for summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about the deaths Vicky, but thank you for posting these pictures they really are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry about the sad news Vicky =(  But on a lighter note, seeing your pictures makes me want to travel! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess life is always mixed with happiness and sadness.  C'est la vie...

    Just love these pictures taken in Quebec City, reminding me my happy time there with my parents and hubby. 

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...