Monday, July 25, 2011

OOTD: Forever 21 Stripey Slouchy T-shirt Dress

Before I start today's OOTD post, I want to thank all of my blogger friends and readers who didn't hesitate to spend their valuable time to find things that I said I wanted in my posts or tweets. You know who you are. Big hugs and kisses to you all! It makes me teary eyed when I get tipped off for a sale on a popular item, or an ebay bargain, or offered to track things down for me. I feel so blessed, REALLY!  And thank you for all the heart felt words when I am not feeling 100%.

Onto today's OOTD.  Remember this slouchy pocket tee from F21 that I adore? Well, not for long. After one wash, the shirt shrank to half its size and I am afraid it won't even cover my belly button. So after tweeting about it and being the target of entertainment for a few minutes, I made up my mind to return it. Yes, we all know that F21's return policy is no return, exchange, or credit on items that are worn, washed, or tag cut off. My shirt was all that. But I consider it a defect. Since I had nothing to lose, and I really didn't know what to do with it if not trying to return it, I took my receipt, the tag that was cut off, and this shrunk shirt back to F21. The sweet SA in F21 told me that the return policy clearly said that this item was not meeting the criteria. I said I know, but look at it, it's ridiculous. After hesitating for a while, she said, "I'm really not supposed to do this, but I'll do this once for you. Go find something that is equal or more than $12.80 (the price for the T), and I'll do an exchange for you." I was so happy and thanked her immediately. She repeated twice that this was a one time deal and she won't do it for me again. I said I understand. So I found this cute stripey slouchy dress that cost me $2.10 more. I took it home. I made sure I washed it once before I post it so I can make my recommendations. It didn't shrink this time. :)

Outfit Details
F21 Slouchy T-shirt dress (size S/P)
Ann Taylor belt
Amrita Singh necklace
Aldo Shoes
Ann Klein purse

The dress comes with a cheapy brown braided belt. I replaced it with a colorful Ann Taylor leather skinny. I really like the slouchy look of the dress and the pockets on the side are just adorable.  AND, it doesn't shrink!

Thank you for reading, and don't forget to sign up for the up coming PFC #9. Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. Oooo me likey this! It's a great look for shopping and looks cute and comfy! I like the orange pops of color!

    When is reveal #2 coming Vicky? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL so glad you got a "refund" for the shrunken top! I'm sure the SA understands your pain :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week, hopefully, if work doesn't kill me by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a colorful outfit, Vicky! I'm glad there are some SAs out there. One time I bought something from AT and the SA gave me a discount for a stain. A few days later I decided I didn't want it anymore and tried to return. The new SA said apparently when they give a discount it's always final sale, even though I wasn't told and it doesn't say so on the receipt. I held my ground and insisted and she said she'll do it one time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew this story would have a happy ending! It's nice to hear about some SA's going out of their way or violate their own store policies to make a customer happy. Did the shopping fairy send you the link to some AGL flats? : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So shocked she accepted your return! I love your new dress! Good idea pairing it with a better belt! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your outift! Especially the belt channel and pockets. So glad you were brave enough to exercise your consumer rights and really happy the SA had a brain and decency!
    Hang in there with the work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you found a more than suitable replacement!  I love how you accented the dress with fun colored accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible. Just tells you how much flexibility they have and most of them won't give it to you. It reminds me of price adjustment on sale items. Some SA's would happily give it to you while others would stink up a room if you try. For that I love Loft SA's much better than AT SA's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right? But that earns them more money than refusing the return. If they refuse my return, they'd probably not see me for a year. I'm very good at boycotting stores. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks you, Tara. But now I need a slouchy pocket T still. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...