Monday, July 11, 2011

My First Marco Tagliaferri Bag

Ever since I laid my eyes on Wendy's black Marco Tagliaferri in this post, I wanted one for myself. I stalked HGBags for months, and read every single entry in the Purse Forum about this bag, before I pulled the trigger last week.  Thank you, Wendy, for helping me with the color choice, and getting me connected with Erica, the owner of HGBags. I ended up getting the small dark gray color that is officially called "Anthracite" in silver hardware. The bag is a solid gray, but under some lighting, she almost look black.  When I opened the package and took this baby out, my first reaction was, "wow, she's tiny." But when I carried her in front of a mirror, I realized that she looks just the right size for me. (I'm tiny, in case you haven't noticed.) She measures 10.6"x9.5"x4.7".
I ADORE this bag ... for several reasons. One, she looks sooooo cute. I know it's a personal preference, but she is just like a newborn baby... a little wrinkly (distressed goat leather), when I sit her down, she can't hold her head up. She slumps just like a baby does. :) She has a very slight leather smell that's very pleasant (unlike some cheap leather goods that gives me a headache). She is just the right size for me functionally AND look-wise. She is very thin and light-weight, and I appreciate this feature quite a lot. She is tough and I don't have to baby her. So there you have it.  I am very happy with my new baby and am carrying her everywhere now. :)  As soon as I got her, I know this is not going to be my last MT purchase.  Yes, I love her that much!






Outfit Details
J.Crew ruffle front shell
Forever 21 short sleeve cardigan
Express skirt
Ann Taylor belt

Stay tuned for the Quebec City photo gallery post!

20 comments:

  1. How darling!  And *lightweight* leather?  Now that's something I'd covet! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah..You're adorable, Vicky! I have never seen anyone compared their purse to a baby. Congrats on your new bag. "Baby MT" is gorgeous!!! I am sure she'll get a lot of love from her mother =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicky..Vicky Vicky!!! You are seriously too cute!!! Love the yellow skirt too! And congrats on your new bag- it's lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is GORGEOUS! I love the pink MT bag as well!! The leather looks so soft, I wanna rub my face in it : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent choice Vicky!  You wear her so well!  I love this bag because she's truly a no-fuss, low maintenance girl!  Seeing your post makes me want to pull her out of the closet for some play time LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is the lightest leather bag I have ever seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You bet she will. ;) Thank you, Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Annie. After your Chanel craze, I'll make you love this bag as much as I do. I can't see you wear it right now, 'cuz it's not your style. But you wait and see. I will rub it in ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, Jessy, you are too funny.  You will look absolutely lovely with a pink MT! Erica ran out of small pink real fast, and I debated for a long time and decided that medium is too big for me. Now all the pinks are gone. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Wendy. I can't thank you enough for all your help. You said it well, she is a no-fuss, low maintenance girl.  ;)  I would love to see your MT more, but I know you have your new Bal to play with. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Love the small petite handles! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on another fabulous bag, Vicky! She is so, so cute. I actually think the handle proportions look off on the larger sizes, but on this small one, it's perfect. Wear her well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Cee! I have the same feeling for the larger sized bags. The handles seem too big. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much. The handles are really cute, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! I love how you likened the bag to a baby that can't hold it's head up!

    It's gorgeous! I played with Wendy's MT bags a few weeks ago and I have to admit, I'm a bit smitten as well. Looking forward to seeing this beauty get some "play time" in future outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm in love with your new bag!!  congrats on your first MT and i'm glad it was everything you hoped for.  i can't wait to see it in more outfit posts!  :)

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  17. The color of this bag is divine....I love it!  I also love this outfit, especially your yellow skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, thank you, Kelly! You are so lucky to be able to play with Wendy's bags! I bet the BALs are breathtaking too! 

    ReplyDelete
  19. The neon skirt is surprisingly versatile. When I bought it last year, I couldn't really think of what to pair it with. Then, this year, when I pulled it out, I couldn't stop wearing it! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...