Sunday, July 17, 2011

Michael Kors Watch, Express Shorts, and Tahari Flats

Hello everyone! I promised to do a post on Quebec City but never got a chance last week. My week started pretty awful with a lot of work responsibilities and then boom, I found head lice on Jasmine. For those of you who don't have children and find discussing head lice a disgusting subject, just skip this paragraph. (For those who care, I had to use a special pesticide shampoo on her first, then use a special fine-tooth metal comb to comb through hair section by section. By doing that most of the live ones will be eliminated and majority of the eggs/nits should be gone too. However this process is a painful ordeal, for me and for Jasmine. Her head was so stiff after 3 hours of combing - yes, I didn't type it wrong, it was 3 hours initially, that she had neck pain for a couple of days. Then I had to check on her hair every day to eliminate ones that I overlooked. I ended up giving her a haircut the next day so I can do this more easily. Tristan had it too, although for short hair it was not that bad. I took a short cut and shaved his head.  Now he looks pretty cool - close to the last airbender. Then I had to wash all the sheets, towels, clothes, blankets, comforters, whatever they touched in hot water and vacuum the couch. All their stuffed animals get packed in a plastic bag and sealed. They take a 2-week vacation.  See how much work that was? - End of complaints.)

The highlight of last week was that I received a package on Friday. I was going to do a post on it this weekend but again didn't have time. I was too busy taking advantage of the super exciting sales that bloggers blogged or tweeted about. So this post has to wait. 

Now on to today's post. I read Jean's post on Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale Saturday morning and decided to take advantage of it.  The Michael Kors oversized (38mm) watches are on sale, and that is hard to come by.  I think the oversized watch look is very chic, but I also know that it's not for everyone. For example my parents, when asked what they thought about the watch, used only one word - ridiculous! Haha, I don't mind. What do you guys think?




The watch is very well-made. (It better be for its price) I like the two-tone look (brushed gold, and shiny gold in my case). For those who like more blings, MK offers varieties of crystal lined watches. I kept them at a minimum for a simple, clean look. There is a lot going on already on this watch. MK makes this watch in different sizes. Mine is called "Small Layton" - which is huge on me. Its case diameter is 38mm.  The "Large Layton" is 43mm if you prefer even bigger sizes. The smallest size they make is 33mm I think but they are not part of the anniversary sale.

On a separate note, I stopped by Marshall's on the way to the mall yesterday and found myself a pair of Tahari flats - my first pair, ever! (Cee, are you happy now? lol)  They are quite comfy but I did have to size up half a size 'cause I find the elastic band quite uncomfortable with my regular size. Hope it doesn't stretch. (price: $40)




I tried on Wendy and Katherine's AGL flats in Nordstrom and OMG were they comfy!!! Only the $300 price tag was not that comfy to me. :)

Oh, forgot to mention the shorts are from Express and they are on clearance for $18. size 00 is just a tad too big on me, but it doesn't bug me. I really like the linen/cotton fabric, the color, and the cute buttons in front.

That's all for today. Hope everyone had a great weekend and I'll talk to you soon!

*Update* I was just thinking how cute this watch would be in the fall to go with a chunky knit sweater! DREAMING... hehe

30 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I was wondering where you went off too!  Lice is quite the ordeal!!  Glad that is over!!

    Great finds! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, that watch does not look too big on you at all. I was expecting this size to take over our small wrists. I ended up ordering both the mini and the 38 to try out, with Bloomingdales' coupons.

    Poor Jasmine and Tristan! Yikes! I don't have kids yet but I can just imagine all the episodes that come with having them. Let's hope the stuffed animals were quarantined in time...

    And goodness what could be in those boxes? I had no idea you had more items on your shopping list after the lovely patent flap. And what places mails Chanel boxes so nicely wrapped in gold?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Vicky! I am more interested in those 2 gold boxes LOL =) Just kidding! I love the watch on you. I've tried them on before but they looked pretty big on me. I am not sure what was the diameter. I hope your kids are getting better. My girl hasn't had lice in the past but I heard it's really a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that you ordered both. You might have to go with the smaller version, since your wrist is even smaller than mine; but I'm looking forward to see both on you in comparison pictures.
    Yeah, kids are a LOT of trouble, and a LOT of fun. And they are always my first priority. Stuffed animals were quarantined in time. Poor Jasmine went through a lot of emotional turmoil 'cuz at difficult times like this she really needed her bunny to sleep with, but I forgot to wash it in time. She had to sleep without it which never happened since she got it at 2 months old. 
    As for those boxes, they contain beautiful things that a woman can not have too many of. :) I got obsessed with these things since you introduced them to me. lol. I don't think I'm keeping both. You'll see when the post gets written. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my first exposure to lice too. I wish I was more educated otherwise I wouldn't have waited so long to find out that she had it. Jasmine never complained about being itchy, so don't take that as the only sign. 
    As to the watch, you should try the smaller diameter and see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I'm glad Jasmine and Tristan are okay. It sounds so traumatic at any age, let alone when you're young.

    Beautiful weekend acquisitions, Vicky! I thoroughly approve of the flats, lol :) If you can be converted to a purse lover through blogging, why not flats, right?

    PS - Why do you tease us so with those Chanel boxes?! I'm trying to gauge the size... but there is nothing around to use as comparisons, haha. I'm guessing it's not another flap... perhaps a mini or WOC? But you already have those. I'll have to say wallets?! The waiting game begins... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. whew, good things your kids are lice-free now.  sounds like quite an ordeal! 

    and you found some really nice things this weekend!  the watch looks great on you and the oversized look is definitely in style right now.  i tried the 38mm but couldn't get used to it so i ended up getting my 33mm one awhile ago (using a gift card from the MIL).  and express 00 shorts do still run big (mine sit verrry low on the hips without a belt) but these look really cute on you!  and i'm not sure of the material of these shorts but maybe they're shrinkable in the dryer? 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky!  I'm so glad to hear that your kids are well now!   Lice = no fun :(

    I can't wait to see your Chanel reveal!  And the AGL flats were on sale a few weeks ago for less than $150!  If I knew you liked them, I would have PMed you.  I'll keep an eye out next time! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicky, I love the MK watch on you, I think looks great. I bought a MK one also during anniversary sale (36mm) and I like to wear it more like a bracelet style and that seems to softest the large look a bit. About the AGL flats, they are having a couple of styles during anniversary sale for less than $200. You might try to see if your local Nordies still have them, otherwise they can help track a pair for you. They are definitely worth it. I have found Tory Burch flats very uncomfortable but these ones fit like a glove and are the softest flats ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicky, I actually have the exact same watch added to cart. I was gonna purchase it tonight, but having second thoughts. Gonna look at it a bit more tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. quick comments:

    1. prefer shirt tucked completely to show off buttons on shorts since they're the "main attraction" of the outfit.
    2. i think the watch looks great on u.  not too big.  too big is when it is bigger than the whole diameter of your wrist.
    3. flats looks sooooo comfy.  but sometimes I wish they didn't put ballet bows on women's flats cuz it can look too little girl, but these bows are subtle enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Phew* What a nightmare that you described in regards to the head lice, but seems like you handled it in a very calm and efficient manner.  I would probably freak out because I hate bugs! 

    I love the shorts!  I was considering checking out my local Express, but the deal is probably over since it's not the weekend anymore.  :(  Cute flats, and definitely looking forward to seeing what's inside the boxes!  =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shorts are so so cute!!! I would get them but just know I wouldn't wear them enough. And ahhhh...the gold boxes.....woo hoo!!!! I like those flats too! You are lucky  you have normal feet....finding flats that fit is a pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cee, you are too funny. :P They are actually both flaps. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been to Express for a long while and they definitely made things bigger this year. Last year I bought a few shorts that are perfect fit for me. This year, not quite. I thought was a great fit when I tried it on because I just finished a seafood lunch buffet. lol. Lesson learned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh forgot to mention, the material is like 55% linen and 45% cotton, so it should shrink in the dryer. I hope it does, anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Less than $150? If you see it under $150, do let me know next time. :) Thank you! 

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you are right. wearing it bracelet style will soften the look. Thank you so much for the AGL flats info. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jessy, let me know if you need any more info from me. The watch is big, that's for sure. For reference my wrist measures 5 7/8 inches, so if yours is smaller, you might want to consider go down a size. If you have a Nordstrom nearby, trying them out is better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Aubs! I agree on 1. I was experimenting with both ways and liked the all tucked in way better too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol, "calm and efficient" I was, but at the end of the day, I was an irritable wreck! lol. Too much pressure. 
    The sale is still on online, so it should be still on in store. 

    ReplyDelete
  22. Annie, I don't have normal feet. I have big feet! For my height, my feet are huge, but I guess it's a plus when it comes to finding shoes. :)  Have you tried AGL flats? They are suuuuuper comfy, and they come in smaller sizes. 

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for your reply, Vicky! My wrist is a bit smaller, but I'm just debating on the colour. On Nordstrom's site, it doesn't look as gold as in your pics. As soon as I saw your pics, I thought it *might* be too gold for my liking. Really not sure! My skin looks a little darker than yours. You mentioned above that the watch is huge on you. Are you thinking of returning it? How comfortable are you with the size? : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jessy, I took my watch and compared to the online version and my pictures. With artificial lighting, this watch is closer to my picture in real life than the online picture. It is quite gold, but it doesn't have the reddish tone that my pictures show. 
    It is huge, but I like it that way. lol, if it makes it any sense. I am not returning it, no. :) I will keep it for sure, because I wore it for 2 full days straight and love the feel of it. At first I thought the huge piece of stainless steel will be too heavy for my liking, but was not bothered at all. 
    Hope this helps, and it'll help you decide the color. There are so many colors to choose from though, so if pure gold is not your thing, go with purse silver one like this:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael-kors-small-layton-crystal-index-watch/3184405?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=1096
    I love the look. I would've gone with this one if they had it in store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Vicky! I tried on all the colours, actually. Rose gold, silver, and gold. My preference is gold > silver > rose gold. Only because I feel like rose gold will go away fast. (Maybe not?) I'm glad you love the watch! We have the same taste. ; ) I think I might just settle for the gold Small Layton because 1. it has always been my first choice and 2. the price is great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like how you tucked the shirt in! I don't know if it's just the composition of the photos but when you tuck it you look a lot taller!

    Sometimes I feel like whoever said flats were really comfy was lying because my experience with flats is mediocre/ bad. Maybe I'll try the flats you mentioned and save up for them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome watch....I will be buying a MK watch for myself eventually lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful pictures, love the watch, and the flats looks amazing


    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

    ReplyDelete
  29. I recently just bought an MK watch. Are you experiencing any of the gold to be rubbing off? I noticed a littttle tiny bit of it kind of wearing ALREADY, and I don't know if that's normal! ):

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...