Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chanel Reveal #2 (For Sale: NWT Chanel Classic Flap)

Most of you are probably wondering why I delayed my reveal #2. To tell you to truth, the reason why this reveal is so hard to write is because the moment I post it, I am saying goodbye to this beautiful bag. Right, I am not keep her, and that's not because I don't love her, it's because I can't part with my patent red.  You see, I bought this bag thinking that I would have a patent camel beige and a lambskin red.  I would return or sell the patent red I got in brand new condition. Reasoning was that two patent bags are just too much, and a little variety would be good.  But when I took out my patent red and looked at her, for a long time, I couldn't bring myself to part with her. So I made a hard decision to part with this one. So here we go, this is my modeling pictures with her and this will be the last time you will see me with her. (tears.) Thank you so much Annie for finding this and the patent camel for me. I am so sorry that I decided not to keep her. I wish I could, but I really can't justify two red Chanels, can I? (This is the same exact bag as Annie's here.)

The dress is the Ann Taylor Tulle Flower Dress in 00P.  To be honest with you, I'm in the fence about keeping it. It's really pretty by itself, but I don't think it looks great on me. I can't figure out why. The fit is very nice except it's a bit tight near the armpit, which I can handle. Is it another one of those things where I just can't figure out when I'm supposed to wear it? What do you think?

One last thing, if you are interested in buying this Chanel lambskin m/l flap in dark red, please email me for more details.

Only one day left till weekend. I am glad I'm alive and kicking and work hasn't managed to kill me yet. Have a great rest of the week, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. I think you are right...two reds does seem a bit much, especially if that was not your original intent.  You can use that money to add a completely different style purse to your collection!

    I love you in this dress! The white is so versatile!  Belts, vests, big necklaces...so many fun things to do with this! The only thing that bothers me about white...the armpit stains! Since you mentioned they fit tight, keep that in mind.  Are you just going to end up with yellowed pit stains after a couple wears?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, i'm so sad to see that you have to let one of your Chanels go!  two is a bit much, but i know how hard it must be to let go of your baby! 

    and this white dress is really pretty on you and very figure flattering.  the only thing i kinda wish about the dress is that it didn't have such a high neckline.  maybe a v-neck or something just to make it look less like a mummy wrap...  but that's just me.  it does look gorgeous on you and i love the textured pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of your decision! Two reds is a little bit much and I know it must be hard to let go of this! I love the white dress on you. The details on it are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh good for you Vicky, sometimes we can go overboard with our purchases. 

    I like the fit of this dress on you but I guess I'm just not really feeling the dress itself.  I'm not really sure why, it looks great but I guess it's just not standing out for me.

    Wish I could go to your meet up!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very subtle but the dress folds in a way that creates a bulge around your lower tummy area. (It happens when you move in the dress). This is due to incorrect placement of the dress' hip area on you. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. According to pictures, the red lambskin looks so much more rich in texture and color and sophisticated than the patent red. The red patent is easier to 'knock-off'.' A rich lambskin purse in such a beautiful merlot color would require a lot more effort and money to replicate. (Although pictures can sometimes be misleading as in real life, things like very different). 

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I don't like about the dress is the back doesn't have the same design as the front.  I dont like dresses like that.  I dont get why it wasn't continued through out.  I actually thought the white BR dress looked better on you.  of course, I'm biased bc I own it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Michelle. What you mentioned is a common problem with all white dresses. I agree. White dresses are just not very user-friendly. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Kileen. Now that you mentioned it the neckline is kind of high, isn't it? A mummy wrap, that's too funny. Now I really can't keep this dress 'cuz every time I wear it I'd think of mummies. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jessy. I never intended to keep 2, but giving up either one is like pulling teeth. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you, Elaine. I have the same problem. 

    I wish you could come too!  Are you sure you can't? 

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a very interesting point. I never would've thought that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol. I hear ya,but you haven't seen the red patent in person. If you did, you'd know why i can't let it go. It's impossible to "knock-off". It's not like I'm having fun letting go of this lambskin, but I can't keep both.  Thank you so much for your opinion. I really appreciate it. This bag is a very attractive one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm... I kind of think you're right...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love this white dress, making you look fresh while elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad you got the white dress back Vicky! I am not sure what you are talking about because I think you look amazing in it and it looks like it fits nicely!!!

    Did you sell the purse yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nelah@52newdays.blogspot.comAugust 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM

    I know how easy it is to get carried away with different colors when it comes to bags. I wish I could have one in each color seriously but cant afford!! Wish you luck finding a new owner, it is a really unique and sophisticated color.

    I love your white dress, looks good on you. Your patent red Chanel will look great pairing with it, perhaps with a red skinny belt and shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. email me the price! yasmineong@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...