Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things to do in Montreal - Why I love my daughter

We are going to visit Montreal and Quebec City next week!
It was a last minute decision, and I thought of it yesterday morning walking from my office to the bathroom. Seriously. I was walking down the hall, and an idea popped out of my head, "Montreal, we should go visit Montreal!" So it was decided. By the way, that's how I make my decisions most of the time in my life. Did I scare you enough yet? 
So this morning I gave my two vacation kids a project to do - research things to do in Montreal. This way they'll find out what they are interested in and feel more involved in the trip planning. I didn't expect much out of them, but figured this would give them something to do during the day. 
When I tweeted about it, I got so many suggestions from you ladies that I felt so blessed. Elaine, Cher, Sydney, Aubrey, DelectablyChic, Sahara. Thank you, ladies! I jotted all of them down. Then I found my daughter's report on the kitchen table. I felt obligated to share. I love her bullets and her commentary side notes. Scanner was acting up, so I had to take pictures.
OMG, I love the expression she put next to "PARKING COST $9-$10 per day".

Oh, thank you soooo much for taking the time to comment on my colored pants posting. I knew I could trust you all to voice your true opinions. I took them all in! Guess what, I will give this pair of jeans another chance. I will find time to re-outfit it, with your suggestions! Stay tuned!

22 comments:

  1. OMG Seriously, this is sooo cute and SUCH a great and detailed report - I seriously couldn't have done a better job myself - way to go Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!  What detailed planning!  I love how she specifically thought of you "Best For: Mommy"  That was so sweet!  :D  

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is very cute.....quite the little planner!  She's adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so adorable!! I like Montreal a lot. Have fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too cute, sweet and thoughtful. I bet your kids just can't wait. I remember how excited I was as a kid when my parents would take me and brothers on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Soo cute..the chart is super adorable. Have fun in Quebec! I've been there 2-3 times and thought the scenery was just so beautiful. It's been a while and I hope to visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Jasmine is absolutely adorable :)  I love her expression too. Letting the kids do some of their own research for a vacation is a genius idea. Sorry I couldn't help much. I was in Montreal probably 4 years ago for work. I didn't have enough time to explore the city. It's a very beautiful city. You and your family will love it. You have to go shopping at downtown Montreal :) Have a safe trip, Vicky and take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love this idea! Saves you from having to do it and gives the kids a project! And boy did Jasmine do an amazing job! I love how she broke down each category : Best for Mommy etc...she is so smart and adorable!!!!! I can't wait to hear about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That made my day! Her notes are very useful but oh so innocent. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post literally had me laughing out loud!!!! How cute is she!!!!  Amazing... (and I like the way you make decision, I wish I had a little more of that in me!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. :) I was born spontaneous. I blame it on my parents for that. However I don't see that trait in either one of them. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Sylvia. I'm glad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Learn this trick from me, Annie. You will make use of it some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Sydney. You are already very helpful. :) I will take my small camera with me so I can point and shoot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Jessy. I was told by a hotel reservation personnel, "Welcome to Quebec, it's France without the jetlag." I got a giggle out of it. 

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are excited, Nelah. We are all very excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe, she's a sweetheart. :) I don't know what to do without her. 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks you again Elaine for all your help on planning this trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's both adorable and such an engineer's daughter!  :)  

    ReplyDelete
  20. l don't have any cuties like you do to find this for me, but oddly enough I found that same hotel on Yellowpages.ca! Funny!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...