Sunday, June 26, 2011

OOTD: Neutrals and Buti Bag

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was no different than most. I did laundry, grocery shopping for the week, had some BBQ lamb skewer and chicken wings made by famous grilling master - hubby, and did a lot of clean up around the house. Good thing about staying at home over the weekend was that I had some time to get some outfit pictures done. I can't wait to share them with you.

Today's post is about neutral palette. I love neutral colors. They are easy on your eyes and they are just so pleasant. I picked up this olive semi-sheer shirt from Loft a couple of weeks ago on final sale for a mere $10. I love the drapey material and shape. Trick to a loose fitting top is a form fitting bottom. I decided to go with the F21 skirt I bought last Friday for $8.80. Now to accessorize, I added a long necklace from Ann Taylor (I also got this last Friday for $18. Love it!) The sandals are one of my favorite purchases this year, and they are from Cole Haan outlet. The bag was gifted to me by my sister eons ago. It's an Italian bag that was made for Chinese market. I don't know anything about the brand - Buti, but I have to say over the years, this bag's hardware has aged a bit, but the leather still looks supple, definitely a high quality piece. Almost looks vintage to me now. :)  It comes with a detatchable strap that decided not to use for this outfit.







Outfit Details:
Loft shirt (xxsp)
F21 skirt
Ann Taylor long necklace
Urban Outfitter zodiac necklace
Buti handbag
Cole Haan sandals

26 comments:

  1. Wow, love your OOTD! I'm a neutrals girl too and really like how the skirt breaks it up so well. Favs are your sandals - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit and pics Vicky! I see u r utilizing ur new lense and depth of field quite nicely...lol

    I got one for my bday and can't wait to test it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. :) The sandals are my favorites too. They are super comfy as well. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Annie. I'm not sure what we did wrong, but half (maybe more than half) of the pics turned out blurry (not focused). There isn't much settings that I could play with. I'm really not getting this new lens. Some pics are gorgeous though, it's hit or miss. :) I just asked Bryan to take many so I had enough to pick from.
    Can't wait to see yours in action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit, Vicky. The best part are the accessories. I adore your heels and the bag. That shade of beige might just be your "nude." The bag is too cute and complements the outfit nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sandals!  They match your skin tone really well and make your legs look like they go for miles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look! I adore that LOFT shirt and how you wore it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm usually a neutrals freak, but have been getting into colors lately! I love this skirt...you can wear so much with it!!

    Many Layers Monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like this neutral look very much!! The bag is so cute! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look great! i love this neutral color combo and the print of that skirt. the heels are hot too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little purse is to die for!!  :D  I love the structured shape, and I agree that it definitely has a vintage look to it!  

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right, Cee.The color of the shoes is my "nude". 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, R.L. I just found that out myself. It's my "nude" sandals, my very first pair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, me too. :) Color post coming up soon. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true right? lol. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the soft neutral top and shoes with the rich-colored purse! Next time, pls show us Bryan's skewers and cooking. I love to see what's grilling!

    I also acquired some leather bags from China during my past visits, but I always wondered why they have such loud logo text printed in the middle. I have one with logo print (not the same brand) just like your little bag! Your bag has held up quite nicely and has such a cute bowler shape.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love how the top is loose and flowy but it still shows your shape!  I just realized you're super duper pale....I'm so jealous!!

    -Lor

    ReplyDelete
  18. Next time I'll make sure to take pictures of Bryan's cooking. :)
    I think Chinese (or Asians in general) worship name brands more than any other countries. The big logos was a way to say "hey look what I've got!". :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lor, I read your comment 3 times to make sure I'm not reading it wrong. :) I'm not sure why you are jealous of super duper pale skin.  lol. I actually can not tan. I develop rashes before I get tan. one of those allergies I hope I'll outgrow some day. :( 

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...