Friday, June 24, 2011

Fitting Room Pictures (Zara, F21, Ann Taylor, JCrew)

I want to do a quick post tonight to share some fitting room pictures in case you are heading to the mall tomorrow. My day off shopping trip with Jasmine was a HUGE success. I came back with bag loads of clothes (that I'll probably regret some day, but enjoy them big time at this moment).

Let me first start with J.Crew. It was our last stop, but I have to mention this first, because this is again an opportunity to score items that are significantly cheaper in store. Take this Captain Cardigan for example. The original price is $98, The on sale online price is $59.99. In store it was on sale for $39.99 and with extra 30% off, I scored it for less than $28.  This is how an xs fits on me. It's meant to be a little loose fitting. It's so comfortable that I can live in it!
Ann Taylor is having a 40% off sale now, and I happened to find two skirts in 00P that I really like.
One basic one and one fun one. :) I can't find them online, so if you need style number to track any of them down, please let me know.

Forever 21 was the store I spent most of my time at and I bought at least 8 pieces. That is a major breakthrough, since I was never able to get more than 2 pieces of clothing out of F21. I mostly went there for their cheap jewelries. :)

Dark Grey Poncho $22.8

Plaid shirt S on sale for about $12. I didn't get it. Now I'm regretting.

Plaid Woven shirt M $13.8. I can't find a size S, but M doesn't seem too bad.

Brown Skirt with Belt, XS. $19.8. Line/Rayon. 
 I love the shape and the material of this skirt. It even has pockets, bonus!

Now I really don't know what to do with this lace/crochet skirt yet, but I love it to pieces. So I bought it and will figure it out later. It is sooooo pretty in person. The blush and beige color are just right and the crochet is in such details that you would never have guessed it was from F21. I was wearing size XS in the pictures. Price: $19.8. Seriously, check it out. I'm not a lace kind of person, but fell in love with it. :)

This is Sidney's shorts. See it on Wendy too.  I was so lucky to be able to find it in XS.  Price: $14.8.
The logo top/tunic is really cute too. So I snatched it as well. size S $14.8

Now what exactly is this supposed to be? It looks like an apron on me. $30 ish, I put it back.

 This short skirt is only $8.8. Fun, sexy, and comfy. Highly recommend.

 This navy polka dot skirt is very cute in person and size S fits me perfectly. $14.8


I didn't get this dress, it's a bit loose on me, but I think it can be very fun in the summer. It comes with a pinkish color as well. If I remember it right it's under $15.

Now on to the store that initially got me to take a day off so that I can get a good pick off its sale - ZARA. Let me talk about Zara a bit first. I know a lot of bloggers like Zara. I do like their styles. I also can tell you that before today, I don't own anything from them. Not that I have never made it to the store before, I just can't get over the poor quality and workmanship of their clothes.  You may say "you shop at F21." Well, I can tell you from my point of view. Zara's quality is a few levels lower than F21. Again that's my opinion. I can easily pick up a pair of pants from Zara and point out that the zipper seam has come undone. I can also point to you that the same pair of pants have zipper pull that's rusted and is so flimsy that if you pull harder the metal may just come off. I'm not exaggerating. Their price is ridiculously high in my opinion given the quality that they produce. Now that said, why am I so drawn to this store? The colors. I went there for the colors. BTW, the Zara store I went to has the smallest fitting room I have ever seen. I elbowed my daughter many times while I was trying clothes on. Since I was so close to the mirror, the pictures are bit distorted. The colors are not quite right either. So bear with me on these pictures. I can assure you that the fit and the color are amazing, even though the quality made me frown.
These are the items I eventually got: green pants $30, purple pants $30, green skirt. $26



I like this top as well, but they didn't have my size any more. 


This red skirt is very cute on the hanger, but looks too balloon-y on me. I think it's around $26. It comes in yellow as well.

Hope you enjoyed my post. Drop me a comment if you have found something else good. Have a great weekend everyone!

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for going thru all the trouble Vicky!!!

    So many great finds but my fav are the green pants at Zara- they look amazing on u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for going thru all the trouble Vicky!!!

    So many great finds but my fav are the green pants at Zara- they look amazing on u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zara is crazy expensive for the level of quality too! I thought to myself before why many of the shirts I had in my hand felt like a F21 item except 10x the price =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you indeed had a lot of fun!!  So many cute and lovely pieces!! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of cute stuff at F21! I especially like the white flowered pencil skirt--and what an amazing price for an embroidered piece! (Also--Jasmine is just adorable in all of the pictures.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you found lots of cute stuff today!!  i never have any luck at Zara but i have hope now after seeing what you found. i can't wait to see how you rock those colorful pants!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I totally agree agree about the Zara trousers. My favs are the skirt/plaid shirt combo - really nice and a touch retro, the lace skirt is GORGEOUS and the short fitted black and white print skirt is fab. Looking forward to seeing more of these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that colorful skirt from Ann Taylor, I've had my eye on it for awhile but have had no luck locating it on sale!  I really like your bold purchases from Zara!  I've never bought anything from there either and I think their pricing is really strange and varied, but have seen so many bloggers look great in their clothes.  Hopefully I'll eventually come  home with something from there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the first plaid shirt on you!!! Ahh,...sucks you didn't buy it. I think it looks really cute on you : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green pants will make its debut soon, Annie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, great description of their quality vs. price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I did. :) The green pants purchase are completely inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The white flowered pencil skirt is amazingly cheap. :) It's not embroidered, it's simply printed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Colored pants coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, Tara. When I saw the AT skirt, I thought of you. :) I knew you'd like it. Hope you can find something from Zara. It was difficult for me, but I finally made it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm totally going back tomorrow to bring it home.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!  What a great post Vicky!!  You really went above and beyond so much great info here, thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree, go back for the plaid shirt.

    I have the navy polka dot skirt.  wore it yesterday, my mom kept saying how much she loved it on me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh yay!  Ponchos are back in!  =P  Great finds!  Doesn't look like the regret will happen anytime soon!  ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What a great post by Vicky! Really went above and beyond both great info here, thanks;)

     

    ReplyDelete
  21. I picked up a couple items at the Zara sale too!!  but I didn't see or try on the same stuff you did....i got all dark colour stuff.

    Anyways its so cute that jasmine is trying on clothes and helping you take pics!! My mom never brought me on shopping trips like that..!

    -Lor

    ReplyDelete
  22. the orange-black-blue tee looks surprisingly good! want.

    JEN

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...