Monday, May 16, 2011

Reveal: My New Investment

Hello, my friends. I have been so MIA that I don't even know where to start any more after being absent for sooooo long. In fact I noticed from the date of my last picture taken that I haven't had any pictures taken for a full 2 weeks. This trend is going to last for a while because of my work commitment. In the mean time, have you noticed my new blog banner? Do you like it? My little girl designed it for me and sent it to my hotmail account yesterday and asked me to check it out. I didn't ask her to do it, she did it for fun. Then she made me one for each season after knowing how much I loved it. :)

Some of you already know that I have been looking for a Chanel classic flap. After learning about the June 1st price increase, I decided that I might as well get it now than later. (Yes, it's confirmed. The Medium flap will be retailing $3900 on June 1st.) I have been stalking Ebay for a few weeks.  After making a purchase on a pre-owned black caviar medium flap with silver hardware (yes, that was what I decided to get after debating about the color choice for a while), and paid for it, Ebay decided to pull the listing altogether, claiming that the seller has violated some Ebay policy. You can imagine my stress level at that point.  Although I got my money back from the seller pretty quickly, I felt completely turned off by the idea of purchasing a timeless piece like Chanel from Ebay. The stress level and time spent trying to figure out if it's authentic is not worth the several hundred dollars saved. I decided to go the standard route - go to a Chanel Boutique and pick the one I love.  Touch and feel it and put it on in front of the mirror before making the decision to buy.  Of course with the news on price increase, almost every single classic flap around was sold out.  BUT, I found this beauty, and it was love at first sight.

This beauty is soooo pretty in person that I simply could not take my eyes off of it. The color changes in different lighting which makes it so interesting. Sometimes I see purple, sometimes I see brown, sometimes I simply see red.  I can wear it dressed up, or dressed down. It doesn't matter. It is simply beautiful. There you have it. My search is over. And I will love this bag for a long long time. I already have a plan for its next owner, but not for a long time. :)

29 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea for your daughter to make you a banner!

    Great color choice for your new bag!  Reminds me of something Kelly would pick out! :p 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle. You're right. Kelly and I both love red! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I love the banner. Your daughter is so sweet and creative. : )

    The colour of your new bag is GORGEOUS. Very smart of you to purchase it before the increase, but since everyone is doing it, they are getting sold out fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new bag, Vicky! She is gorgeous. The color is so beautiful. It was so sweet of Jasmine to make you a new banner. Enjoy your new baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely gorrrrrgeous!!  for such an investment piece, it's definitely best to make sure it's authentic.

    wonderful choice in color!

    jenny
    http://goldnturquoise.blogspot.com/

     

    ReplyDelete
  6.  What a beautiful choice!  Is the next owner going to be your daughter?  :)  Excited to see future OOTD pics!

    So sorry to hear about your bad experience with eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE it! Such a beautiful shade of red! My red wants to hang out with your red Vicky! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. This shade of red is simply gorgeous, Vicky! Forget RM, not when you have this beauty to play with ;) Congrats!! I'm so excited for you (and for Jasmine in the future, hehe)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely new banner!  :)

    Congrats on your new investment!! The colour is gorgeous!  Good decision to go to the store.  I'm waiting for one day when I can save up enough money and stroll into the store to try them on and purchase mine.

    I love red purses (and shoes too), they always add a nice finishing touch to an outfit!

    -lor

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very beautiful color. 

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Vicky, that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!  You REALLY got bit by the Chanel bug :P  Great investment, I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it too ;) 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had to stay away from blogs lately (sad!) but I saw your twitter update and had to hop over. I scrolled down and my mouth fell open because it's such a lovely surprise. I knew you'd been hunting for the blk/silver so this burgandy patent is quite unexpected, beautiful, unique, and so very YOU. I'm glad this quest had a happy ending. You probably wouldn't be able to have peace of mind if you didn't find the perfect bag. I haven't even looked at another Chanel bag (for myself, anyways) since my last purchase that you and Bryan were present for - hahaha. So the disease has subsided, for now at least.

    And of course I love jasmine's artwork for you, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a GORGEOUS bag!!! Great investment. Enjoy doll!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, congrats on the bag!  It is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  15.  Yes, they are pretty much sold out everywhere and I feel lucky to score this one. Thank you, Jessy!

    ReplyDelete
  16.  Thank you, Sidney! I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17.  lol, you guessed right. :) I'm waiting for the crazy raining weather to pass for an outdoor shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  18.  Thank you so much, Cee. I know. RM doesn't seem as important any more after I got this baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19.  Thank you, Lor. The day will come soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20.  Yes I did, didn't I? lol. Thank you so much, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  21.  Yah, I noticed you've been busy too. I can't believe you didn't miss my tweet. :) If you didn't come down here and comment today, I was going to DM you so you know. :P I'm sure you'd be happy with your babies for awhile, until .... maybe the next Bloomies credit card event??? :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats, Vicky! i really really love this shade of red. wowza, i'm sorry to hear about your ebay experience but look, it lead you to this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my, what a lovely lovely purse!  i'm coveting that bag.  it's amazing.  glad you were able to find something you love!  and what a classic!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com 

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, i'm so behind on posts but huge congrats on this new piece!!  the color is beautiful and i love it!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...