Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Little Tweed: Banana Republic Tweed Raw Edge Jacket

The white lace dress went back to the store yesterday thanks to all you lady's feedback. After the return, I browsed through BR's sale rack out of habit. I was not looking for anything in particular, and this little tweed jacket jumped out, calling for my name. :) Has this ever happened to you before? I found one in 00P, and grabbed her quickly.  There was no one around me at the time.  I threw it on right then and there on top of my sleeveless dress and didn't even bother for a fitting room. Just like that I was not able to part with her any more. I took her home like a new baby. Here she is paired with a simple T-shirt and white denim shorts, along with the forever classy Chanel.





The white denim shorts was an old Loft cropped jeans. The waist fit nicely but the pants were too loose on the leg part. It almost got donated, and I suddenly felt industrious and decided to make a pair of shorts out of it.  All I ever did was to cut the legs off and rolled up the bottoms to make cuffs. That was the hardest DIY project I have ever done.  HAHA.

I just noticed that the online price is on sale at $149.99 (regular $175). Get 30% off with BRGET30. In store, the jacket was on sale for $89.99. With the mystery card I got an additional 30% off. So the jacket came to about $63.

The Limited tee (xs, old)
Old Loft jeans altered as shorts
Aldo sandals (last season)
Banana Republic belts (old)
Chanel classic M/L flap

Happy Memorial Day to my US readers!

30 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you returned the dress that you weren't 100% satisfied with, and instead found a great little tweed jacket that you love! What wonderful luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly. I am learning to let go of things that are not "perfect". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This jacket is so great! I'm glad you found it. The raw edges are a lovely touch, they help accentuate your figure! ... which is super important in tweed/ boxy jackets.
    Score one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness- what a cute jacket! I saw it in-store but in a gigantic size..lol

    Good job Vicky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness- what a cute jacket! I saw it in-store but in a gigantic size..lol

    Good job Vicky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness- what a cute jacket! I saw it in-store but in a gigantic size..lol

    Good job Vicky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness- what a cute jacket! I saw it in-store but in a gigantic size..lol

    Good job Vicky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness- what a cute jacket! I saw it in-store but in a gigantic size..lol

    Good job Vicky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness- what a cute jacket! I saw it in-store but in a gigantic size..lol

    Good job Vicky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful jacket - Congratulations, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Annie. :) This jacket fits perfectly and even I couldn't believe it when I found a 00P.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this tweed jacket on you and you found it at a great price too! And I'm really impressed with these pants turned shorts! This outfit is perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tweed jacket and Chanel, what a great combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this jacket last week at my local store but of course there wasn't any 00P left. It looks great on you, Vicky. I second Nelah, tweed jacket and Chanel is a great combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm SO glad you found this jacket! It looks so fabulous on you paired with your Chanel. I've been on the lookout for tweed jackets for awhile, but haven't found the perfect color/fit/price. I hope I'll have as much luck as you at my BR store :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look tres chic with the Chanel and light tweed! I adore this jacket on you, more so than the white dress. And I'm loving the patent bag more and more. I got a similar textured jacket from Ann Taylor and have been wearing it with my bag too...makes me feel very prim.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I seem missed a lot here, the Channel bag, pretty lace dress.. The jacket looks great on you. I think it's designed for pettites.
    BTW, the dress looks gorgeous. But needs high maintainance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that jacket! So chic on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, so glad to hear from you, Sahara!  Long time no see! 

    ReplyDelete
  21. The patent bag grows on you, doesn't it? lol. I also love her more and more. I take her out of her sleeping chamber everyday just to admire and see how she looks with my everyday outfit. :) You got a light tweed jacket as well? Have we seen it yet? Did I miss the post?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, good luck, Cee. I even looked around for a second 00P at BR but no luck. Otherwise I'd pick up a spare. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the tweed jacket! It's such a classic color and style that would be appropriate for both work and casual occasions :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great look on you, Vicky.  You look great - casual chic.  Great sandals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are looking so sweet and gorgeous. I like your blog very much. Really I like all picture of your and a white lace jacket in charm and beauty in you. 

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...